Friday 3 July 2015

Guest Designer at Stamplorations!

Hello!

I am so excited to say that I am the July GD at the Stamplorations Challenge :)  I am a huge fan of Shery's stamps and stencils and I am always amazed at the fabulous creations the DT produce with them so this is a real honour....



The theme for July is Stamps and Distressing so lots of scope for you there!  I made two cards.  First up is a design using Trendy Leaves, a sentiment from Grateful Beyond Words and the fabulous Mixed Media Grunge set.  This is a lot more stamping than I usually do on a card but I love the texture on these leaf stamps and stamping them in a combination of distress inks gives the leafy frame more interest.  Those grunge stamps are quite addictive and it was hard to stop stamping on this card :)

 
For my next card I was inspired by cardboard packaging and stamped the Hashtag Authentic sentiments on a kraft base which I distressed around the edges to give a more ragged look.  The grunge set came in useful here too!

 
I hope you like my distressed creations.  The DT will have lots more inspiration to get you started too.  Thank you for having me as your GD :)
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Sarah x
 
 

8 comments:

  1. Fab cards Sarah, so pleased to see you with us as GD this month. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab to see you as GDT at STAMPlorations, Sarah! Great cards - especially the leaf one - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome cards, Miss Lady!! Glad that you are joining us this month!! YAY!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love seeing the grunge stamps used--they are cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your Guest DT spot, Sarah! I love both cards...you've really added so much dimension with your inking, especially with the leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your GD spot with STAMPlorations, Sarah! Fabulous cards ... those collaged leaves are brilliant, there's so much depth in your stamping! Great grungy sentiments ... cool and funky! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How exciting, congrats on being GD. Your cards are so perfect for their celebrations and your stamping is superb.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for joining us at STAMPlorations as GD! LOVE the green card:)

    ReplyDelete