Thursday 23 July 2015

Time Out #36

Hello!

It was great to see all of your nature inspired creations for our last challenge at Time Out and our next challenge is equally fun!  This time we are CASeing this fabulous card by the talented Alice Wertz:


How fabulous is this?!  It is one of the most fun cards that I have seen for some time and is  bursting with personality - just like Alice :)  Do go and check out her great blog Alice's Little Wonderland!

I really love my cactus stamps from Hero Arts so Alice's smiley cactus gave me the perfect excuse to ink it up:


I inked up a grid stencil with antique linen distress ink to create a faded background and then stamped the cactus and pop.  I should really have masked them but actually I think the way the grid shows through on the cactus adds to the texture and realism of the plant.  I shaded the side of the pot with my spectrum noir pencils too.  A sticky heart and hugs sentiment (also Hero Arts) also refer to Alice's inspiration card.

The rest of the DT have more CASE inspiration for you along with our GD, Rema who is a regular challenge player and produces really stand out designs - her blog, RTImpressions is well worth a visit!

I will also link this up at the CAS July challenge over at A2Z Scrapbooking.

Have fun with this cool design!

Thanks for stopping by,

Sarah x

14 comments:

  1. I think you are right about the texture from the grid and the added shading also helps. Great take on Alice's card

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome CAS card Sarah. Love the cactus image. Thanks for giving me the opportunity to play along with you gals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alice is awesome and so are you! Love her card and your CASE is great - who knew that cacti would be so popular! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That grid-stencil works perfect with this fun cactus image! And that little haert is such a great focalpoint! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, that grid 'texture' is perfect on your fabulous cactus, Sarah ... love that wee pop of red in the sweet heart ... so cute! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely card! Love the background and that sweet red heart!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree...I think the grid showing through the cactus as a natural texture! Beautiful CAS design and fabulous color combo, Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cool CASE - and funny, too. You forgot to link it with A2z scarpbooking - still plenty of time to link up :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Shat a fun card, Sarah! Love that fun image and BG!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute and fun, love the heart on the cactus plant!! Thanks for playing with us at a2z Scrapbooking Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous. Love the soft stenciled background. Thanks for joining us at a2z!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Too cute, I like both of the cards with the cacti on them! Love the faded background it's perfect for the image stamped on top! Thanks for joining us at a2z Scrapbooking!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such a cool card, I love the added texture of the stencil to the cactus. FAB CASE. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ha-Ha what a cute little happy cactus! Happy to see you at a2z Scrapbooking!

    ReplyDelete