Wednesday 8 March 2017

Flowers and Triangles

Hello!

I wanted to play along with a few challenges this week so am stopping by with a quick post....First up is a card for The Flower Challenge.  I can't believe they are on the 6th challenge already and I haven't played along yet.  It is Anything Goes so it is the perfect opportunity to use one of my new favourite floral stamps by Concord and 9th:

 
I stamped the petals of the flowers in distress inks and watercoloured them to smooth the colour.  The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink.  As this card features a floral design, I shall link up at Simon's Wednesday Challenge which is for a special lady/girl.

 
I made my next card to play along with AAA Cards where the fab theme is the Oscar Red Carpet.  I was inspired by this lovely geometric design worn by Priyanka Chopra.  Hopefully you can see that I used the soft greys and triangles featured on the dress using a favourite but long neglected set from Altenew.  The sentiment is a die cut from Stamplorations.  I like the monochrome look and geometric pattern.
 
priyanka chopra oscars 2017 red carpet
 
Thank you for stopping by today!
 
Sarah x
 
 
 
 
 

6 comments:

  1. CAS-tastic and awesome on both these cards Sarah! Love those bold orange tones to the blooms and a superb geometric design on the second one. Fabulous inspiration photo from the Oscars and great to see you playing along at AAA Cards. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards are simple yet gorgeous, Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello sarah! this is an adorable cas card, sweet flowers! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    blog-paperie blooms
    ig-2klines

    sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty card Sarah,just love those bright flowers. Thanks for sharing with us over at 'The Flower Challenge' and we hope to see you again soon ;) Viv DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful creation Sarah love the way you have used the flowers here. And the sheerness of the colouring is wonderful with this particular stamp really gives that feeling of layers. Thank you so much for joing us at The Flower Challenge Aileen DT

    ReplyDelete