Saturday 25 March 2017

Less is More #321

Hello!

Today at Less is More we are asking you to use a frame in some way on your CAS design:


I have a couple of ideas to share with you:

 
First up I gold embossed a frame from Paper Smooches and used some fun stamps from Stamplorations for the sentiment and paintbrush.  I inked through a Tim Holtz stencil in Picked Raspberry in the corner of the card.

 
I decided that an embroidery hoop would make a nice frame on my second card and used a stitching inspired set from Neat and Tangled to create the design with their hoop die and stamps.  I watercoloured the floral images and I covered the card base with a textured gauze paper.
 
I hope you like the ways that I have created frames on these cards - I look forward to seeing what you do with the theme.  The rest of the fab DT have lots more ideas to share with you over at Less is More
 
Thank you, as always, for stopping by,
 
Sarah x

12 comments:

  1. Two beautiful cards with so different looks! The fun, young, artsy look of your first card makes me smile and the second is so perfectly feminine and pretty with the florals... Greta work! Thanks for having me as GD at LIM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab inspiration from you this week Sarah! That arty splashy painty card has such a dramatic impact and really captures the eye. Using the stencil on the card base was perfect. I can't believe there is an embroidery frame image (clapped my hands when I saw that!). What an amazing set for anyone that loves embroidering and you showcased it beautifully xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally fabulous Sarah! As ever! Funky vibrant bold and fun on the first then oozing elegance and femininity on the second. You really are so talented and work your stash beautifully. Hope your weekend is a good one. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww Sarah, these are gorgeous! I LOVE the arty "splatter" card, so creative and fun! The gold frame perfectly creates a focal point and sets off the other elements really well. The second card is beyond cute with that embroidery hoop (great idea!) and sweet floral detailing. So lovely <3 Have a fab weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that splash of raspberry it really brings the card together x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love both of these cards...one so modern and the other makes me feel so at home!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, these are fun Sarah! I am going to try and play along this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two gorgeous cards. Love the bright pop of colour n the first and that embroidery hoop is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for the great inspiration, Sarah! I love both the fun and whimsical frame and the classic and pretty frame!! Enjoy your day! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab inspirational cards Sarah !

    ReplyDelete
  11. Two great cards Sarah - I particularly like the way you used the paint splatter to add detail to the corner of your first card. Clever!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fab cards Sarah, as usual ! Love the art frame and the smooshing behind ! So great and so CAS ! I used to cross stitch a lot before discovering card making ! So, of course, I also love the embroidery hoop which perfectly frame these gorgeous flowers ! It looks so real ! Thanks for sharing and for inspiring.

    ReplyDelete