Saturday 18 March 2017

Less is More #320

Hello!

Well, we are steaming our way through March and on to another challenge over at Less is More.  This week we have a great stash buster which is to use Washi on your design.  I don't often use washi on my cards and tend to use it more often to hold dies down when putting them through my machine! 


Here are a couple of cards which incorporate washi tape:

 
I used washi tape down the side of my card and echoed the bronze copper foiling of the triangles with a geometric stamped design from Altenew.  The fun sentiment is from Mama Elephant.
 
I used washi either side of the central panel in this next card:
 

The butterfly is from Concord and 9th and is inked in peacock feathers distress ink and spritzed with shimmer.  I die cut some dotted lines to add a feeling of flight and the sentiment is from WPlus9.

I hope you like my washi creations - I am sure that you can come up with much more creative ways to incorporate washi in to your design!  The DT have lots more inspiration for you over at Less is More too.

Thank you for stopping by,

Sarah x
 

4 comments:

  1. Super stunning and classy Sarah. Love your use of washi on both of these mixed with your stylish and elegant designs. Your butterfly design is so inspirational with those dots and just hanging over the edge. Love it. Have a fab weekend. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, love both of these card. Terrific use of Washi! You have inspired me to use it on cards more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great Sarah! Love the clean and contemporary look of the first one with a muted colour palette - so elegant! And the second one is sooooo pretty with the butterfly and dotted lines <3 Hope you're having a good weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, you are bang on trend with that first card Sarah - it is brilliant. Love the colour scheme with those geometric designs. But, my heart has been captured by that amazing butterfly card - look out wish list ... there are some dots heading your way! Wonderful inspiration xx

    ReplyDelete