Saturday 4 March 2017

Less is More #318

Hello!

Well, we are now in March and spring can't come quickly enough for me!  We are welcoming in a new month at Less is More with a colour challenge which is to use mainly teal.  As this is one of my favourite colours I was more than happy to oblige :)


I have 3 CAS and simple cards to share with you:

 
There is no stamping on this card.....I have simply die cut this beautiful flower (not sure if it is Poppy Stamps or Memory Box) and inlaid all of the petals with a teal card.  It took a while but was quite relaxing!  I curved a Penny Block thanks die along the stem.

 
I used my new favourite flowers on this card - they are from Concord and 9th and just looks so cool!  The front petal is overstamped with Hero Arts ombre ink to try and create some light and shade.  The sentiment is from the same set.

 
Finally I have used the gorgeous Altenew Beautiful Day stamps and combined them with a die cut sentiment from Concord and 9th.  I dropped the top sentiment stamp as I was putting it down at the very end so have stuck the sentiment over it which really bugs me but I didn't want to throw it away so far in to the card!!
 
I hope you like my teal creations and do check out what the amazing DT have done with this colour over at Less is More.  As we are at the beginning of a new month we also have a new sponsor - Dies to Die For:
 
Logo
 
Thanks for stopping by,
 
Sarah x

10 comments:

  1. Swoon, swoon, swoon - too much elegance and yummy inspiration here Sarah. Love the inlaid die-cuts on the first one, superb balloons on the other 2 and the beautiful day set is one of my favourites so love how you've inked it up here. So annoying when you smudge or drop a stamp isn't it. Great cover up idea though! Hope you're ok for tomorrow. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. *** duh! Blooms not balloons!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...all of these cards are beautiful...as usual :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crikey! You were on a roll Sarah! So much elegance and sophistication in one post is incredible. Love the inlaid diecuts on the first card and your middle card is so beautiful - what a gorgeous new stamp. Got to say my fave is the last card. Oh! I feel for you over the dropped sentiment (we've all done that) but you made a brilliant recovery xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Three lovely cards, Sarah! I love teal so much so it was easy to fall in love with your designs!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are brilliant Sarah! You've made them so different to each other but always with your trademark style and beautifully clean backgrounds. I love how you ran the sentiment up the stem on the first card; such a wonderful touch. The floral stamping is really eye catching with the darker front petals on the second card and appears very elegant! Blown away by your final card with the delicate background stamping really enhancing the gorgeous Altenew flower in front. Love them all! Hope you're having a fab weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, wow and wow! I beautiful collection of cards. The first is my favourite - it looks so crisp and clean.
    Thank you for the kind comments you left for me, they are always much appreciated.
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Sarah, you have some superb items in your stash. ADORE that first floral die and I love how the simple bloom is all that card needed. Those Concord and 9th flowers are gorgeous too (onto the wishlist for those!) and the beautiful day flower looks stunning in these colours xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Splendid Sarah ! As Darnell says, I'm also fond of Teal so of course I'm in love with all of them with may be a preference for the 2nd one ! Thanks so much for sharing and for inspiring.
    Izzy Scrap

    ReplyDelete
  10. A very beautiful set of cards Sarah.


    Love and hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete