Sunday 21 June 2015

A Few Challenges Before Bedtime

Hello!

A fairly quick post today with 2 cards to share that I have made to play along with some fave challenges.  First up is CASology where the cue card is Kids.  That seemed a great excuse to pull out the cute kid stamps from Mama Elephant.


 

I stamped and coloured this little lady with Spectrum Noir pencils and combined her with a Lawn Fawn die cut speech bubble which I filled with hearts.  The sentiment is curved around the speech bubble and a bit of shading grounds the little figure. 

I also wanted to play along with the Clean and Simple challenge over at Addicted to Stamps which is celebrating 3 years of fabulousness!  I love seeing the wonderful designs from the DT :)


I used a neglected set of Clearly Besotted stamps and a sentiment from Avery Elle.  The jug is watercoloured in yellow and covered in glossy accents and popped up over some pale blue inking so the silhouette flowers can stand out.  I will also link up at Simon's Wednesday Challenge to use your favourite products or techniques.  I do love a touch of watercolouring on my cards (although I still need a lot of practice) and glossy accents is a great product for adding some glaze.

I hope to be back later this week with more cards to share although it is slow going at the moment :(

Have a great week,

Sarah x


8 comments:

  1. your watercolored jug is so pretty with the glossy accents and the pretty background and it doesn't look like you need much practice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Sarah, both cards are so wonderful! I love that little Mama Elephant girl, sitting there thinking of someone she loves a whole lot! Love the idea of the speech/thought bubble filled with hearts! Great coloring, sweet card. Thanks for joining us at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello Sarah! super cute cards, luv the background shading on the second one....gorgeous! I am so glad you joined us for the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love both of these cards, Sarah! Your little mama elephant girl dreaming up hearts is inspired, and the colour choice is perfect! Also love how you have highlighted that vase of silhouetted flowers. Such an effective technique. So great that you could join us this week at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 2 very pretty CAS cards - isn't it fun to have an excuse to play with your stamps?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super adorable and Beautiful! Love them! Hugs, Karin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Always lovely to see your cards, Sarah ... no matter when you have chance to make and show them! These are both fabulous ... adorable little girl with her full of love hearts speech bubble ... and what a beautiful flower jug ... gorgeous shading! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two fabulous cards, Sarah! I love the over-sized speech bubble with the cute little ME girl! I also love your vase and flowers with your beautiful background!

    ReplyDelete