Thursday 25 June 2015

Time Out #34

Hello!

Our latest challenge at Time Out is a photo inspiration:


I was initially a bit stumped by this one but did really like the geometric shapes and the hot oranges and pinks combined with the pops of black.  That is what I focused on for my card:



I inked a piece of cardstock with Spiced Marmalade, Worn Lipstick and Picked Raspberry Distress Inks and popped a panel of card over the top from which I had die cut a geometric squares die from Memory Box.  A label love sentiment from Altenew and a few black pearls bring in the black elements of the inspiration photo.

As always, we have another great GD joining us for this challenge - the lovely Sue from Foleys Friend.  Her blog is full of fab cards and inspiration.  I have just become a follower :)  The rest of the awesome DT also have lots of inspiration to share with you over at the TO blog too.

I should end with an apology as I have been really rubbish at keeping up with commenting on your fab entries and I have had a word with myself (it wasn't pretty!).  So I am looking forward to stopping by to see what you come up with for this photo inspiration.

I will also link up at the Anything Goes challenge over at Simon's Wednesday Challenge.

Thanks for stopping by :)

Sarah x



15 comments:

  1. Brilliant card! I love the colours and layout, I love using the negative space created by dies.
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well if you had a hard time it really doesn't show as this is stunning. The subtle mix of colours look fab with the geometric pattern x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning, Sarah! I love the blend of colors and the die cut "windows". Really stylish and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh the die cutting is fabulous. Love how vibrant your card is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the love, Sarah. I love your card. It more accurately represents what I was trying to accomplish without really knowing it. Does that even make sense?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gaspingly gorgeous, Sarah ... truly stunning, LOVE it ... it's so Pinned! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is awesome and I'm loving the layout and gradient of colours. I'll be pinning this one too! LOL! Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a stunning layout! Hope you dont mind I pinned it to use as inspiration? Such a crisp CAS-card! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  9. So perfect for the challenge!! I totally forgot to include any black on my card, got all caught up in my die-cutting madness! Love your blending and looks so good with the white on top. Can't wait to see what everyone's reminder cards will look like!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so cool! I love it! The colors you chose are so perfect for this, and the geometric squares are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous card Sarah! It's so striking and I love the bold squares of colour.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, I love the graphic squares and how you blended the colors! Very cool design, Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This card is my favorite of all. The way you created the squares and blended them is stunning. FABULOUS design!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is super, Sarah. Those colors peeking through the squares are just so bold and colorful, with still a lot of white space. Love it!

    ReplyDelete