Monday 1 June 2015

Honey, I Shrunk the Kit!

Hello!

I have a fun blog post to share with you today :)  The lovely Hazel from Hazel's Paper Designs came up with a great idea to post a little kit of C6 sized goodies to a few blog buddies and see what we all came up with. 


Hazel sent this little bundle of joy to me and our good friend, Shona from Twine Around:


It was like receiving an envelope full on sunshine :)  The kit included cute stamped images, some cheerful patterned paper, kraft card and twine.  I have made two cards to share with you:


 
 
First up I die cut the patterned paper and kraft to create the layered border and cut the sweet birds with a heart.  I coloured them in with Spectrum Noir pencils and popped the heart up.  A bit of the twine at the top of the card with an enamel dot completed the card.
 
 
 
 
For my second card I watercoloured the girl with Inktense pencils and cut her out with a stitched square.  I inked the CASual Friday's bubble label die cut that was in the kit in yellow ink to match the card and popped it behind the image.  This was layered up on some kraft card.  It looked a bit lost on my card base so I decided to doodle another frame around the edge to go with the girl's striped socks.  It adds a quirky touch to the design but I definitely need to practice my doodling :)
 
I can't wait to see what Haze and Sho came up with - they are both such creative, CAS cardmakers!  Check out what they made on their blogs.  I have just sent out my kit to them so stay tuned for our next Honey, I Shrunk the Kit creations :) 
 
I will also link up at Less Is More where this week's challenge is 2 or 4 legs and at Simon's Wednesday Challenge which is Anything Goes.
 
Thanks so much for stopping by,
 
Sarah x
 
 
 

15 comments:

  1. Ooooh!!! These are SO beautiful Sarah!!! Oh my gosh! I LOVE them both so much!! That striped border is BRILLIANT. Love the quirky take on those stockings. And your beautifully coloured birds....aaaaah, so pretty in that heart and layered on that patterned paper. SIgh! You have inspired me so much with these creations! WOW!! Thanks so much!! Can't wait to play again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome idea and your cards as so fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, these are so fantastic!!!! Isn't this so much fun??! We actually had a similar idea for the sweet wee girl (love that stamp) with our layered squares, isn't that bizarre! Fab idea to colour the bubble die-cut, would never have thought of that. And those layers for your first card are really stunning, such wonderful shapes and flow. I can't get over how we all had the same things but our imaginations took us in different directions. So excited your kit is on its way, will let you know when its here!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah!!! You are so creative... and please do keep doodling, 'cuz I doodling love this!!! I can't wait for your kit... wish I was among the circle of friends... you three are so awesome!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this fun idea you have going with Shona and Hazel and you've made to fantastic cards Sarah
    Thanks for playing along in the leggy challenge over at Less is More.
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are adorable cards! I love them! Thanks so much for joining us for the Anything Goes Challenge on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How absolutely adorable, Sarah! A 'little' kit with major impact! What a fun way to share inspiration with blogging buddies! Super sweet, super inspiring!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love how you played with this kit, Sarah! Beautiful coloring on both images and I love how you die cut the border on the first card! Love how you layered your papers on the 2nd card, too! Fun challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That doodling is amazing, Sarah, and really calls attention to the image. Your coloring on both cards is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am just over from Hazel's blog where I read about your shrunken kit idea. It is fabulous, and I love seeing how your cards are fantastic, yet totally different from Hazel's. Yay, the kit idea lives on! I am most struck by that amazing border you drew around that darling little girl. I cannot believe that is hand drawn. Wow! Love how you were so creative in using so much of the kit.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous cards, Sarah. And what a wonderful idea you have going. Your doodling is amazing, I'm not brave enough to do anything freehand!
    Thanks for sharing with us.
    Anita x
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sarah ,I love this idea of a smaller kit and the name is just perfect! Sure made me smile! Both of your cards are simply beautiful! Enjoy ...I know you will have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Two great cards Sarah!
    What a fun idea too!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a brilliant idea, Sarah ... and such a fun name! Lovely cards ... there's such a sense of calm and softness about the birds ... and that doodled border around the little girl ... it's awesome! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fun idea Sarah and you made two fab cards from your 'kit'. Love the doodled border!
    Thank you very much for joining us.
    Anne
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete