Sunday 31 May 2015

Cards I Made Today

Hello!

I am totally behind with lots of chores so the obvious thing to do was make cards today :)  There were a few challenges that I wanted to play along with - starting with CASology.  The cue card this week is Story and I spent ages going through my stamps to find something that would work....


 

One of my favourite stamp sets is Ocean Bound by Waltzingmouse Stamps and it includes this fab quote from Dr Seuss.   I like the combination of that storybook combined with the ship sailing on the deep blue sea, off on an adventure!  I inked the bottom of the card in a range of distress inks from Chipped Sapphire through to Tumbled Glass.

I will also link up with the Anything Goes challenge at Simon's Wednesday Challenge.

Next up is my card for this week's Muse Christmas Visions where the fabulous Tracey McNeely has made the inspiration card.  I really loved her card and couldn't miss the chance to play along.  Here is what I came up with:



I loved Tracey's quirky, paper pieced trees and beautifully inked sky so these were the elements that I used in my design.  I used a row of trees die by Memory Box with patterned paper and a Mama Elephant stitched landscape die.  The sky is inked with Tumbled Glass and Peacock Feathers and the sentiment is from Papertrey Ink.

I hope you like today's cards!

Thanks for stopping by,

Sarah x


20 comments:

  1. Oh, Sarah, that 'deep blue' sea is really deep blue - love the effect you achieved with the sponging! Your MCV card is fun and whimsical - so glad you joined us at MCV this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two great cards and love the paper patterned trees against that sponged background! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah, I love that sailboat on the ocean...and the perfect sentiment! This would be a great graduation card! Thanks for joining us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab sponging, it really looks like the deep blue sea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such great sponging again! Love the story that you tell with it! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that softly inked sky and your rows of funky DP trees Sarah. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Two stunning cards Sarah! Love that story and absolutely LOVE that inked blue sea. The rows of trees in your MUSE card are such fun against that pale sponged sky. You have certainly been on a roll! Haven't had a chance to join Muse Christmas Visions this week, and would so love to! Thanks for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. "Oh" that first card.. What a lovely ocean.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your inking is just superb, Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tow brilliant card - LOVE how the ship blends with the ocean and the trees - FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are great! I particularly LOVE that first card! Beautiful blending! Thanks so much for playing along with us for the Anything Goes Challenge on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love both of your fabulous cards, Sarah, but I'm especially in awe of that gorgeous inked sea! Thanks for playing along with CASoogy this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sarah, I love both of these cards. Love love love that WM sailboat image. You take on MCV is fabulous, those patterned paper tree clusters are so fun. Thank you for sharing with us this week at the Muse Christmas Visions challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like your two cards, but especially your Christmas card is amazing! I think it has so wonderful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous cards! I also really like that Christmas card with its pretty little trees and that stylish sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Both your cards are fabulous Sarah BUT I am literally SWOONING over the first one!
    Not that I'm into ships but your inking and layout are just OUTSTANDING.
    Well done on winning over at CASology with it this week - so well deserved.
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Always late for the party...CONGRATS on your well deserved win at CASology, Sarah! I love how you inked the ocean and your ship and sentiment are fabulous! I also love how you paper pieced your trees on the 2nd card! Lovely take on Tracey's Muse card!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats on winning at CASology. All that beautiful blue is totally a winner!! And love your tree xmas card for Muse. Really like Xmas cards with pastel colours, so this looks great!! Hope you managed to get one or two of your chores done.....

    ReplyDelete
  19. Huge congrats on your win Sarah! So well deserved - this is one of my favourite sets...love how you've used it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awesome sponged sea, Sarah ... your blended inks are stunning ... and congratulations on your win over at CASology! Those trees are so fun and whimsical ... a great take on Tracey's Muse! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete