Sunday 17 May 2015

Birds and Bells

Hello!

Just a quick post to share a few cards which I have made for some of my favourite challenges.  First up is Addicted to CAS where the code word is Birds.  I didn't need any more of an excuse to break out my new sketchy bird stamps from Stamplorations designed by the fabulous Shirley Bampton.  Here is my CAS design:




I watercoloured the bird with distress inks and added a sentiment from Stamplorations Noteworthy sentiment set.  As my card features Stamplorations goodies I shall join up at their Anything Goes challenge which is always running and at Addicted to Stamps where the theme is Clean and Simple.

Next up I have made a card inspired by this fabulous creation from Chriss Blagrave at Muse Christmas Visions.  Here is the inspiration card:


I love the unusual colour combo and the bold die cut sentiment.  This is my take:

 

I die cut some bells from Lil Inkers from white cardstock and embossed them a few times with copper embossing powder to give them a metallic look.  I combined it with a die cut sentiment (also from Lil Inker) which was stacked up on a few layers.  I coloured the base layer of card with copper ink to tie the colours together.  I hope you can see how I was inspired :)

That took a bit longer than I planned!

Thanks for stopping by,

Sarah x





16 comments:

  1. Love your use of the metallic embossing powders! These colours look fabulous against the Aqua card stock!
    So happy that joined in and played at MCV this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty cards, Sarah! I love your bird card and the fun use of the metallic embossing powders on your second. :) Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two beautiful cards, Sarah! I love the soft colors you chose for the bird and your CAS design is perfect! I also love your copper bells on the 2nd card...what a great color combo, too!
    Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at ATSM and Addicted to CAS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely, delicate kingfisher, Sarah ... the soft colours are wonderful! What a great take on Chriss's muse ... the copper shimmeriness is gorgeous on those bells! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing cards! Love the soft watercoloring of first one. Thank you for sharing at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous cards, Sarah! I'm particularly fond of that first one ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. love your Distress watercolored bird - thanks for sharing your beautiful card at ATSM this week

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the different disigns of all the cards, but the one with the bird on is my favo! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  9. A trio of wonderful cards, Sarah! Your take on the MUSE card...brilliant! Your bird card...stunning! Thank you for sharing your creativity in the ATSM gallery!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your watercoloring on the bird, Sarah, and the embossed bells are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love how the thick copper embossing looks on the bells! So glad you joined us at MCV this week, Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  12. CAS perfection! Love the bird and that wonderful sentiment. Thanks so much for playing along at ATCAS xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your bird card is stunning, such subtle colouring and the perfect placement. Gorgeous bauble dies, I need to get moving on the Xmas cards!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Are you feeling blue?! :) Because these cards are blue-tiful! Ok. I'll stop now. I really, really like the simplicity of the bird one. And the vellum overlay on the second is simply divine! Gorgeous makes!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Excellent coloring on your bird card! LOVE IT! Thanks for joining in at ATCAS~

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW! Simply adorable and CAStastic!
    Love it. x

    ReplyDelete