Sunday 10 May 2015

Introducing Nautical Treasures


Hello!

I am back with a few cards that I have made with Uniko Studio's fabulous new nautical stamp set.  It is a mini set but so versatile :)


I do like nautical stamps and the focal ship image in this set is great to work with.  Here I have paper pieced the sails in patterned paper - the blue and green checks work perfectly for a CAS male card.

However, on my next card I have gone for a more sepia/vintage look by stamping the compass in coffee archival ink on white card.  I distressed it with Antique Linen and Frayed Burlap distress inks and tore the card.  The torn card is layered up over some patterned kraft paper and the ship was stamped and cut out on kraft.  Obviously the sails were stamped on white card and a bit of distressing has taken the sharp white off them.


Hopefully this gives you a feel for how the set can look clean or vintage and appeal to 'boys' of all ages.  This ship is so classic that it will also play nicely with lots of other stamps that you will have in your stash. 

Here are all of the images in the set:


 

I have other ideas to share with you tomorrow too on release day but for now there is lots more inspiration from the rest of the DT :)

Remember to stop by tomorrow for the release day blog hop!

Thanks for your visit,

Sarah x


17 comments:

  1. Oh! Oh! Oh! Just adore your colours and designs of these brilliant stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I think you've 'rocked' the boat here Sarah.
    Two fantastic showcases and I love how you paper pieced the sails.
    Brilliant. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! the second card is brilliant, it reminds me of some pirate ship, hahaa...really nice, and beautiful soft colors for the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving the gingham and plaid paper piecing on the first card and WOW what a lovely vintage creation. Looks like you & Sandie were on the same 'wave' length when creating the vintage map look with the smaller stamps in the set. Awesome showcase. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both your cards are super. Love the papers you've used on the first boat - the gingham and plaid is fab. And your second card has a wonderful warm, vintage feel - great work. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. fab paper piecing and love the sepia look x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely cards Sarah! Love the paper-piecicing and the distressing giving two completely different looks. Stef x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the clean modern lines of the first card and the traditional vintage feel of the second one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Impressive! Two handsome, striking cards, that showcase this set most marvelously! The paper-piecing in the first and the 'vintage' of the second...absolutely stunning!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both cards look great! The first looks like a boy card. But the second is my fav.... Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  12. You've convinced me - I need this set! Love your cards.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Two wonderful masculine cards. Another on my "need" list.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the paper piecing on the first and vintage look on the second :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have really shown how these stamps can work for whatever feel you want. Great job, Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such great masculine cards, Sarah ... I'm particularly taken with the paper piecing on the first one ... those sails look fabulous! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. GORGEOUS nautical cards, Sarah! You've convinced me to put this stamp set on my wishlist :)

    ReplyDelete