Monday 8 June 2015

Ombre Butterflies

Hello!

Things have been a bit hectic over the last few weeks and it has definitely taken its toll on my mojo :(  However there are a few challenges currently going on in blogland which gave me just the nudge I needed to venture in to the disaster zone known as my craft room. 

In particular I wanted to play along with Virginia's View - ombre challenge and over at Addicted to CAS where the code word is butterfly.  I decided to play with a fabulous butterfly heart die from Memory Box and this is what I came up with:



I created a cheat's ombre by die cutting the butterflies from some ombre paper that I had in my stash and then cutting them out and sticking them to the white base.  It took a little while but I love the effect with a few of the wings slightly lifted.  The sentiment is from Avery Elle.

I also wanted to play along at the new tic tac toe challenge over at Hero Arts and at Simon Wednesday's Challenge where we are making masculine cards.

This is what I came up with:

 

I used the fabulous tiny flags background stamp white embossed and watercoloured it in using some of my favourite greens and blues,  The sentiment is also from Hero Arts.  A bit of black and kraft card give the central panel some definition.  I went for the middle row - background stamp, birthday theme and die cutting but it would also work with a few of the other lines as well!

Thank you for stopping by - I really appreciate your visits and comments!

Sarah x

14 comments:

  1. Your ombre butterfly cards is so, so beautiful! It must have taken you a lot of time and patience to cut them all out and glue them on! And your masculine card is really awesome, too! Love that background and the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely love your Ombre butterfly card. That is just perfect for ATCAS! Beautiful cards. Hope your mojo is returning :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards Sarah. Hope all is okay. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the heart of butterflies, Sarah! Such pretty pinks! The birthday card is really fun! Love those colors! So glad you shared with us at ATCAS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous butterfly card and love the selective colouring on the masculine card, hope this week is better x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, so pretty - those butterflies.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two fantastic cards Sarah. Love the soft pink ombre of your butterfly filled heart. So pretty! Lifting the wings adds lots of wonderful dimension. LOVE the colour combo on your masculine card. The shades of blue and green are gorgeous together, and it's all grounded by the black and tan panels. Great job! Thanks for playing along at ATCAS. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous ombre effect on your butterflies, Sarah! (I think I 'need' this die) Such a lovely sentiment, too! Fabulous masculine card ~ I love the color combo and how you layered your mats behind the white panel!
    Sorry to hear that your mojo has been a bit low, but seeing these two beautiful cards, I think you've definitely overcome it :)
    Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at Addicted to CAS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think it was brilliant to use the ombre DP to cut out your hearts, Sarah! That was enough work cutting them out and applying them to the card. It's stunning!! And I also love your graphic and colorful birthday card! The colors are perfection!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  10. both of your cards are fabulous :) hope life slows down a bit for you! thank you for playing a long with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looooove you ombre butterflies! Thanks for sharing with us over at ATCAS!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, Sarah ... your ombré butterflies are just stunning ... love all the fluttery dimension! What a fabulous masculine card ... gorgeous colours and fabulous detailing with the sentiment and enamel dots! Hope life is becoming a little calmer for you (I can so relate!)! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. 2 FANTASTIC in fact eye-poppingly gorgeous as ever cards Sarah.
    Love the delicate and intricate ombre butterflies and the masculine style one is just ingenious too with a brilliant colour choice. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Two wonderfully creative and different cards, Sarah. One soft and feminine, the other rather masculine.

    ReplyDelete