Tuesday 9 June 2015

GD at CASology

Hello!

I hope you are having a great day...today I am very excited to be the GD over at CASology.  I love this challenge and play along as often as I can to exercise my CAS muscles :)  Here is the cue card for this week:


http://casology.blogspot.co.uk/
 
 
I was a bit stumped at first as I haven't needed to make graduation cards (yet) and my supply of specifically graduation themed stamps is non existent.  Then I thought about blowing the dust off my Brother Scan n Cut machine to find a graduation themed cut file.....this is what I came up with:
 
 
 

I found a free mortar board cut file and sized it for my card front before popping it up over some black glitter card.  The sentiment is from Waltzingmouse Stamps.  It really is as simple as that!  I think the black glitter card adds a bit of visual interest and I like the clean lines of the icon. 

One of the boys asked if I would give it to them for their graduation but given that is about 10 years away I might make something else before then!

I hope you like my attempt at a graduation card and play along at CASology this week.  The DT always have lots of amazing inspiration to get you started :)

Thanks for stopping by,
 
Sarah x



 

14 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful graduation card. Love how you used a negative for your cap, and gotta love the sparkle. Thanks so very much for joining us as Guest Designer this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully CAS and perfect for pretty much anyone who is graduating! So great to have you as GD this week, Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats again on your well deserved win and for your Guest DT spot, Sarah! I love the crisp, clean lines on the image and on the black mat behind it! Love all the sparkle and the font on your sentiment is perfect! Awesome card, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Sarah!! We met again, LOL!!! Congrats on your win. You deserve it!! I love the black shimmer cardstock behind the cap! Amazing as always!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the GD and I would have had no idea too, so fabulous creative idea x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this! That black shimmer cp is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A great card and so good that you are a Guest Designer at CASology; congrats on that! Love the shimmer on the black; perfect CAS! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on your well deserved GD post at CASology and you've rocked back with another fantastic graduation card. Crisp, clean and effective. Great work again Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on your GD spot, Sarah! What a fabulous, shimmery graduation cap ... so CAS, so perfect! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sarah, this is my favourite DT card of the week! LOVE your shimmery mortarboard hat in the negative with that elegant sentiment. Perfection in my book. Absolute perfection!! SO glad to have you Guesting with us this week! What a treat!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The glittery black card was the perfect element to take your card from CAS to CAS-tastic! Love it! So glad yo have you as our GD this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry I'm a bit behind but wanted to congratulate you on your GD at CASology and your card is brilliant!! How wonderful to have a machine to cut things out that you don't have as a stamp or die, the possibilities must be endless!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW!!! wonderful to have you as the GD this week!!! This was a fun cue, and you knocked it out of the park!!!!

    ReplyDelete