Sunday 17 August 2014

Hola!

Hola!

Finally, I am back from our fortnight holiday in Spain.  We had a great time and glorious weather but now I am freezing!  It is 20 degrees colder in the UK than Spain at the moment :(  The villa that we stayed in was in a lovely secluded spot backing on to one of their national parks so it was a great place to get away from it all and the boys had a fantastic time playing in the pool all day.  I will share a few photos in the next few days.

Whilst we have had a wonderful break I have been really missing my craft room so once I had got unpacked I headed straight in there for a play :)  This is what I made:

 
I saw that the cue card at CASology this week is Magic and I dug out this fairy stamp by Lavinia stamps which came free with a magazine.  I silver embossed her and the sentiment from Mama Elephant.  I watercoloured her wings and added a few touches of colour to her 'spell'.  I went round the edge with Tumbled Glass distress ink and layered the panel on top of some silver glitter paper.  Hopefully this adds to the 'magical' look!
 
It feels good to be playing with ink and paper again :)
 
Hopefully I will have a few more cards and pics to share with you soon.
 
Thanks for stopping by,
 
Sarah x
 
 
 
 

8 comments:

  1. Wow awesome colors and design Sarah.

    Hugs diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pleased you had a good hols Sarah. I think this card is magical! The touch of watercolouring on her wings is inspired and the pops of colours really do make the card special x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous inking and lovely blues and glittery goodness!! Thanks for joining us at CASology!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! Love the silver and the coloured wings and pixie dust! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome home, Sarah! Happy to see you getting in some crafty time! This magical fairy is beautiful...such a soft, ethereal feel to it...love the watercolor touches to the wings and the sparkles! Thanks for joining us at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome home, Sarah! This is such a lovely take on the Cue Card...I love all the sparkle, and how you paired the fairy with the sentiment! Your sequins and inked borders really add to the magic of this card, too...It's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This does look magical indeed, Sarah. I love the silver accents, and the colorful "spell".

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful place for a holiday!!! Bet you all had a fantastic time and are enjoying getting back to your own beds etc. This card really is magical, love all the silver embossing and that fairy stamp is gorgeous!! I have had 2 weeks (and counting...) with sick kids so feel like I've been away from normal life too but on the opposite of a holiday. Fingers crossed and everything will be back to normal in a few days.....

    ReplyDelete