Wednesday 20 August 2014

You're a Diamond

Hello!

Back with another quick post using my new (to me) Avery Elle Many Thanks stamp set:

 
 
I silver embossed the fab sentiment and covered the diamond in glossy accents and glitter.  I backed with silver glitter paper and stamped the diamond tone on tone for the background.  Given that the diamond is made up of triangles I will also link this up at the challenge at Addicted to CAS where the codeword is Geometric.
 
Whilst I had the set out on my desk I made this card:
 

This is such a versatile stamp set!  I used all of the different sized dots to create a random pattern on an angled panel and finished with one of the sentiments.  I used the first colour combo from the current challenge at Make the Day Special to create this card so will link up there - I like the blues and oranges!

That is all I have time for today.  I am exhausted after my first day back at work - is it the weekend yet?!

Thanks, as ever, for stopping by,

Sarah x
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

9 comments:

  1. love the diamond card, all the sparkle is ideal! I must look up this set it would be so good for girly cards but also for geezers! Thanks for joining us at ATCAS

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really showed the versatility of the stamp set, Sarah. Two great cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the blues and oranges too! great cards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet design. Love the diamonds :) Thank you for sharing with ATCAS !

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun card Sarah :) Thanks for joining in at make the day special stamp store,
    Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know how I missed this post with these 2 really fabulous cards! I love the muted colors and your CAS design on the first one...I'll bet it really sparkles IRL too! Your 2nd card is so fun...the blues and oranges are so awesome and I love the font on the sentiment! Looks like you had a great time with this set!
    I hope your weekend is relaxing...after a few weeks away, and returning to work, I'm sure you're really exhausted!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice geometric shape ;) -- love the glitter bg with it too - Thanks for joining in with ATCAS~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, what a gorgeous glittery diamond, Sarah ... love the tone on tone background, it's a technique I always forget about and it looks so brilliant! All those bubbles are fantastic paired with the tilted panel ... fabulous use of the yummy colours! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sarah, I absolutely love your first card! Those diamonds in the background look awesome! I also love those solid, colorful circles on your second card!

    ReplyDelete