Saturday 30 August 2014

Muse and More

Hello!  I hope you are having a good weekend.

I just wanted to post a few cards that I have made this afternoon.  There are so many fun challenges around at the moment that there just aren't enough hours in a day :)

First up is Muse - I have been meaning to play along for ages but always seem to have run out of time.  However, Bobby's fab inspiration card finally got me started!  It was also a chance to play along with my new Papertrey Ink scribble dies:

 
I loved the warm colours and dark card base on Bobby's card and the dotty swirls that she used.  I would have really liked to do something with texture paste but didn't have time to break that out today.  The sentiment is from Avery Elle.  Thanks for inspiring my card, Bobby!
 
I also had a bit of cardstock that I had stamped with Hero Art's fantastic starry background and decided to use it to make a card:
 
 
This is a really simple design - I stamped the sentiment from HA's Written in the Stars and combined with some die cut glittery stars and enamel dots.  I sprayed some Studio Calico shine spray and inked around the edge of the panel to give it a bit of definition.  I will play along one last time with A2Z Scrapbooking's August Challenge to make Encouragement cards and will link up with Simon Says Stamps Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes.
 
I hope you like them - I'm off to make some more :)
 
Thanks for stopping by,
 
Sarah x
 
 
 
 
 
 

13 comments:

  1. Wonderful look with the scribbles dies, Sarah! Love how the colors pop! Love the shiny star card...so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun cards, I especially like the boldness of your Muse card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very fun and clever designs.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all that glitter and I have seen those scribble does on a few cards and really love them, great colours too x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I came over to see your Muse card, love the funky scribbles! However I have fallen head over heels for your second card too. It is incredible, loving all that shimmer! Cx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two beautiful cards Sarah - I really love those scribbles! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both of your cards are wonderful...love those scribbles!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the bold swirls - I have resisted those dies, but you're making it hard! So glad you joined us at Muse this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think those scribble dies picked up the swirl factor very well, Sarah. I love the soft starry background on your other card and the inked edge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your Scribble Die Cuts look really fab on your first card, Sarah! I love how they pop against the black background! I also love how you created your background on the 2nd card, and your sparkly stars are awesome! You've done an amazing job on all these challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your work! The Scribble dies are on my wishlist & were a great choice for the Muse challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love those scribble die cuts, Sarah ... so dramatic against the dark background! They're on my wish list (more like need list!) but are still out of stock ... great to see them used so brilliantly! Oh my, those stars ... so much glisten, glimmer and shine ... glorious! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card Sarah, so elegant and the sparkle looks so pretty.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete