Tuesday 26 August 2014

More Challenges

Hello!

A few more cards to share today for challenges.  First up is The Card Concept - I love the inspiration photo:

I went with the fresh green and floral elements of the photo:


I used a new die cut by Sue Wilson along with a sentiment and die cut from Simon Says Stamp.  It is a super simple design but the die is quite detailed so I didn't want to do too much more to it!  I would guess that this is clean and layered.

My next card is for Simon Says Stamp's Wednesday Challenge which is Back to School:


I used my Hero Arts number stencil and inked through with Tumbled Glass, Salty Ocean and Peacock Feathers.  The speech die is from Lawn Fawn and the owl is from the Hero Arts Missing You set. 

I thought this was a quite a fun design - I hope you like it :)

Thanks for stopping by!

Sarah x

12 comments:

  1. From the beautiful sublime card to a "hoot" of a card, Sarah, I love them both!! That sediment is perfect for the first card because it allows that beautiful folder to be seen! And the conversation bubble filled with numbers - with that sediment - and the crossed eyes? A completely perfect card in every way!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first card is just stunning! I love that die cut over the green! So striking! The little owl with the speech bubble is just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love 'em both, Sarah! Your first card is so beautiful! Fab idea to use that lovely die! And what a fun design on your second card - so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are awesome :) I love the the intricate die and green peeking through it !

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous a delicate new die. I love that photo too but bet I miss the deadline!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous cards Sarah, a great design and stencilling!! I love your cute owl and lovely sentiment!!!

    Thanks so much for joining Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. That die is so great for the Card Concept challenge. Of course I love the owl more. I love the branch he's sitting on and the number stencil works perfectly for a genius bubble. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the fresh clean feel of your CC card - so glad you joined us at the Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just beautiful...like a fresh vase of sweet smelling flowers. I love the cover plate you used, so pretty. Thank you so much for playing along with us at The Card Concept.

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMGosh, I can't believe it's been so long since I stopped by...your first card is absolutely GORGEOUS, Sarah! The die cut panel is so elegant and I love the CAS label with your sentiment!
    What a great back to school card, too! It's like the owl is adding numbers in his head...such a great design and color combo too...I Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a great die cut! i love the ones that you don't have to add anything else to. makes for a fast and stunning card! Thanks for playing at TCC!

    ReplyDelete