Saturday 23 August 2014

Time Out and Sunny Spain

Hello!

I hope you are enjoying your weekend and managing to squeeze in some crafty time :)

I have been wanting to play along with the Time Out Challenge since I saw the gorgeous inspiration card from Anita:


I love the watercoloured blues on the white embossed panel and the layered die cut.  Here is my take:

 
I white embossed a stencil and used a range of distress inks - Chipped Sapphire, Stormy Sky, Broken China and Tumbled Glass.  The sentiment is from Avery Elle and I die cut the leaves twice to give a bit of contrast.
 
I was also inspired by the table at our villa in Spain:
 

It was a lovely shady spot in the heat of the day hence the die cut leaves over my panel!  Here are a few more pics from our holidays - it feels a lot longer than a week ago :)  The villa was in a lovely secluded spot at the edge of a national park.






And the boys loved playing in the pool!

 

I hope my pictures have bought a bit of sunshine to your day.  It is cold and wet here but I hope the sun might shine again before the summer is over :)

Bye for now,

Sarah x
 

8 comments:

  1. "Our villa in Spain . . .!" How wonderful that sounds! Thank you for sharing your fabulous pictures of your holiday, Sarah! I also love your take on Anita's card using the inspiration from that gorgeous table! Very smart! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow your villa looks gorgeous and what sweet boys. I love you used the leaf die cut twice, this is a unique take on Anita's and how cool you got the inspiration from your Spanish hols! Thanks for joining us at TIME OUT Challenges x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful place, Sarah ... and what great photo's! How great that the inspiration for your card came from that amazing table ... love that stunning seamlessly sponged background ... the contrast of the double layered leaf sprig against it is fabulous! Thanks for playing along at Time Out ... and for such a wonderful CASE! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your two inspirations came together beautifully in your card, Sarah. Who wouldn't love to be inspired while at villa in Spain.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been eager to see photos from your holiday, and you sure didn't disappoint, Sarah! The boys look so happy, and I love the photos you captured from this beautiful location! So glad you had such a lovely time there with your family!

    You did an amazing job on your card, too! I love the gradation of blue on your panel, and the darker stems/leaves are so pretty! CAS with graphic shapes...just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgoeus!! Love the ombre shading and how very creative to take inspiration from your holiday :) Thanks for playing along at Time Out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG what a villa!! That place looks divine. At the moment in Finland it's DARK and RAINING. ;) Your card is lovely, I love the emboss resist technique, great take on Anita's card. Thank you for taking TIME OUT! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an amazing place you stayed at in Spain, its a wonder you ever came back home!! So glad you had a chance to play along with the challenge and can totally see not only Anita's inspiration but your holiday inspiration in your card. Its simply beautiful and must have a go at heat embossing with my stencils, what a great idea!!!

    ReplyDelete