Tuesday 9 January 2018

Geometric Stencil

Hello!

I hope your week has started well :)  I wanted to pop by to share a new stencil design which gives a fab geometric effect.....I used it to create a card for the current challenge over at Less is More where we are using purple:



I inked through the stencil on to white card using a range of Distress Inks and then cut a section of the stencilled panel out to adhere to the bottom of the purple card.  I extended the effect by stencilling tone on tone onto the purple card as well.  I added a sentiment from Papertrey Ink and a few hearts to finish.

I shall also link up at AAA Cards as it is a new stencil that I am sharing with you for the first time :)



It was my hubby's birthday at the weekend and I made this card for him from the boys.  It was so simple to do by pressing through the stencil with versamark and white embossing the pattern on the grey card.  The alphabet stamps are from Altenew and the rest of the sentiment and headphones die are from MFT.  This is a stencil that works perfectly for men's cards!



You can find all of my stencils on Folksy....

I have already shared on FB that I am so excited to be one of the winners of Papercraft Magazines Designer of the Year competition.  I won't go on about it again....you can find the designs that I submitted in the current edition of Papercraft Essentials magazine :)  I am looking forward to being part of the DT over the coming year!


  


Thank you, as always, for stopping by and for your great comments!

Sarah x

12 comments:

  1. congrats for being a designer of the year. great card too . Thank youfor playing at AAA cards

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super stencil Sarah sand I love the two very different looks you’ve achieved with it. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both very cool makes but, as the Purple Princess, the LIM entry wins ... for me!

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, Sarah. That is wonderful news. Your stencils, and stenciling, look fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations, Sarah for designer of the year. Fabulous stenciling and inking. Thank you for joining us at AAA Cards

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another classy and fantastic stencil Sarah and brilliant use of inky blended purples. Love the masculine card too and now need those headphone dies on my wishlist. Must meet up soon for a catch up. Hugs and Happy New Year. Thanks for playing at Less is More xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. First of all, Congratulations ! And now about your cards, a fantastic duo ! Love this stencil....hum...one more on my wishlist ! Love both designs and only by changing the colours they look so different ! Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along at Less is More ! (it always seems so weird to write this to you!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you should shout and loud and proud! So thrilled for you, a well deserved win! Love this stencil too! BTW - both cards are just fab! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful cards. Thanks for sharing at Less is More!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I saw in my last mag that you were a winner at Papercraft Magazines designer of the year, congrats, well deserved. I've thought about entering but always bottle it!
    Super stencil, it does look just the thing for a blokey card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fab stenciled card, well done! And so cool you are creating your own stencils now and from the above comment I read you've had success as designer of the year, congratulations so very much! This stencil can definitely be used in a number of ways, great design. Thanks for joining us at Less Is More!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Two very different cards using that fab stencil. So awesome that you're creating your own designs, looking forward to seeing more of your fab creations this year.
    Thanks so much for sharing with us at Less is More, Anita x

    ReplyDelete