Sunday 21 January 2018

New Honeycomb Stencil

Hello!

I wanted to stop by to share some cards that I have created with a new stencil that is now available in my Folksy shop.  The soft honeycomb is pretty and versatile....I have been struggling to put it down :)

Here is what I have made:



I inked through the stencil with distress oxides to create a fade towards the centre and added a sweet bee and sentiment from Reverse Confetti.  I shall link this card up at Addicted to CAS where the code word is Ombre and Simon's Wednesday Challenge where we are being asked to add a sentiment....I am partial to a pun :)


Here, I inked through the stencil with a combination of reds and die cut a large heart with a smaller heart and sentiment popped over it.  A very simple valentine's card.


Finally I added Imagination Crafts sparkle paste over the stencil in golds and bronze to create a variegated effect.  I cut a portion of it out and popped up over a piece of kraft card on which I had embossed a bee stamp (from Inkadinkadoo, I think).  The sentiment is from Simon Says Stamp....I simple die cut and added a second 'e' to create the pun :)  I shall link this card up at Time Out as I think the sentiment really works well with the current inspired by words challenge:


I think the stencil works perfectly for grungy, mixed media or CAS cards so I hope you give it a go and check out my range of stencils in my Folksy shop.





Thanks for stopping by!

Sarah x



6 comments:

  1. Hi Sarah, great Stencils and fab way to showcase them. My fav is the one you entered to Time Out-love the added texture and creative way to make the sentiemt! Thanks for joining us x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A delicious trio, Sarah ... wonderful stencilling (soft and delicate on the first two, all texture-y and dimension on the third) ... and such fun, punny sentiments! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've shown how versatile that stencil can be, Sarah. I love that sparkle paste on the last one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous cards Sarah! a cute, a lovely and a grungy trio, all are absolutely stunning!!

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful ombre inking and all three cards are fabulous, Sarah! Love all the sparkle you added to the last card...very cool effect! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Addicted to CAS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can see why you are addicted to this stencil, I love it! I also love your first card - the colors really pop from the page and the white sentiment on black is perfect. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Addicted to CAS
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete