Monday 1 January 2018

New Stamps!

Hello!

I hope you have had a fab new year and are looking forward to a happy, healthy and creative 2018 :)  As it is the beginning of a new year, it is a great time to play with some new stamps that I have got from Visible Image.  I have liked their designs for some time but this is the first order that I have placed with them and here is what I made:




First up I created a watercolour background with some Ken Oliver Colour Bursts before stamping and heat embossing the eyes from Visible Image's Face It set.  I added some details using my Indian Flower and Stars stencils and added a touch of gold sparkle pen to the eyes.  The sentiment is from Sizzix.  I will link this up at Simon's Monday Challenge where the theme is Something New as it is a new (to me) stamp set.  I



Next, I used the gorgeous jellyfish from Visible Image's Dare to Swim.  I coloured the stamps directly with Spectrum Noir Sparkle Pens, spritzed with water and stamped on to white card.  I love the vibrant colours of these underwater creatures so used some strong pinks and oranges with my sparkle pens.  The sentiment is from Concord and 9th.  I will link this card up at Simon's Wednesday Challenge where it is Anything Goes.  I shall also link up at Inkspirational where the challenge is just stamping.  I hope it is ok that I have die cut the square stamped panel but, if not, just ignore my entry :).  I will also join in with the January Watercolour challenge at Happy Little Stampers (without the optional sequins). Finally, I shall  link up at AAA Cards where the theme is Sparkle as I have used my sparkle pens (the jellyfish do shimmer in real life!).

I shall certainly be expanding my Visible Image collection as their designs are just so distinctive!

Thanks for stopping by,

Sarah x

   
    


7 comments:

  1. wow well done on combining all those challenges, super bright and colorful card. Thank you for playing at AAA cards

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great set of cards, Sarah. Your first card is so unique and fun. It caught my eyes immediately. I’m not familiar with that stamp company, but may have to check them out. Happy new year again! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sarah, what a wonderful effect you've achieved by colouring your stamps and then spraying with water before setting the images of the jellyfish onto the white cardstock. Beautiful selection of colours, too. Thanks so much for joining us at the HLS January Watercolour Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow... what a unique stamp set with the underwater creatures! Love your use of color and both of your creative designs! Thanks for playing with us at Inkspirational!
    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love,your jellyfish card! (Especially as I crochet them for Octopus for a Preemie UK) The colours are gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a neat idea with these stamps and the way you colored them. There's such an impact with both cards!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous cards, so much color and love the eyes stamp. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete