Tuesday 16 January 2018

Mixed media heart

Hello!

I have had lots of fun making a canvas with my new heart stencil:



Having primed the canvas with white gesso, I then stamped IndigoBlu's crackle stamp background over the canvas.  I then used clear embossing paste over the stencil and, once it had dried, I painted over the canvas in dark blues and greys, wiping it off the stencilled heart.  I then stamped and white embossed some Stamploration stamps around the edges to add to the distressed look.


I mounted the canvas on white and navy cardstock and put it into a white box frame.


It shows that the stencil can be used for home décor pieces as well as cards and papercraft projects.  You can find it in my Folksy shop.



I will link this canvas up at That's Crafty where the current challenge is to use predominantly blue on your project and at Mixed Media Monthly Challenge where the theme is to 'ring in the new'.  I am using my new stencil on this project.  As I have used some Stamploration stamps I shall also link up at their monthly mixed media challenge which is anything goes other than a card.

I hope you like it!

Sarah x


  Image may contain: text




5 comments:

  1. Wow, this looks fantastic Sarah! Perfectly framed too. Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had me at crackle, Sarah. This is beautiful and worthy of framing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this design, simply in design but it packs a real punch.. Looks fabulous within the frame. Gorgeous creation and many thanks for sharing with us over at That's Crafty. Best wishes in the Feeling Blue Blog Challenge.
    Tracey DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cool design!! Lovve what you did and such gorgeous colours!! Thanks so much for adding this to our Mixed Media Monthly January challenge

    ReplyDelete
  5. so pretty, love the CAS design. Thank you for playing along with us at the STAMPlorations Mixed Media Challenge this month. We hope you join us again soon.

    Amy- DT
    {Lil Cutie Creations}

    ReplyDelete