Monday 22 January 2018

Twofer :)

Hello!

I couldn't let the first Twofer Challenge go by without playing along and I realised at the weekend that I was fast running out of time!  I love the idea for this challenge and the fab inspiration that Darnell and the lovely DT have come up with.  

This is what I made to reflect the theme of feathers:



I used a set of spellbinders feather dies to create these cards and a sentiment die from sizzix on them both too.  I think they look very different :)


I coloured some card with distress oxides and sprinkled with water before cutting the feathers out.  I arranged them on a card panel on which I had stencilled Uniko's Broken Lines in grey.  The arrow sentiment is stacked up on a few layers of black card.


On my second card I decided to create a dream catcher using my Indian Flower stencil and the dies.  Firstly I dabbed through the stencil with some sparkle paints from Imagination Crafts and then coloured some cardstock with the paints before cutting the feathers.  I doodled on the flower with black pen to add some detail and placed the sentiment along the edge of the card.  I used a clear sparkle pen on the sentiment to maintain the shimmery look of the card.

I hope you like these two cards.....

Thanks for stopping by,

Sarah x


4 comments:

  1. Sarah, these are just lovely! I love what you've done with these feathers and how different each card is. That medallion is incredible, as are the colors on that card. That broken line stencil on your first card really adds some wonderful interest, too. These are just wonderful! Thank you so much for joining us at the Twofer Challenge! Bev

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your two different designs very much, Sarah! The colors of the feathers on each one are sensational! Thank you for supporting us by playing in the first Twofer Card Challenge!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sparkle paints really give a nice shine to the feathers, Sarah. I love the stencil you used for a dream catcher.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the funky dream catcher, it's lovely Sarah, and some lovely colors on the second card!

    ReplyDelete