Tuesday 11 November 2014

A Christmas Free Post

Hello!

I hope your week is going well so far...I have started the week behind on my 'to do' list and it doesn't look like I am going to catch up!

I have a few cards to share today.  First up is a card for the Thinking of You theme at Simon Says Stamp's Wednesday Challenge:

 
It was a quick one layer card which I made while I had my Waltzingmouse Stamps out for the nautical tag card at the weekend.  I love the font and wording of the sentiment :)

I have also had a play with watercolouring to join in with the current challenge at the AAA Card Challenge:


I used inktense pencils with this lovely Hero Arts poppy stamp which is one of my all time favourites.  I stamped the sentiment from Avery Elle on to vellum and splattered some pale blue on the card base.  Given this is a Hero Arts image I will also link up at the Anything Goes Challenge over at A2Z Scrapbooking.

There you go - a whole post without a Christmas card....quite out of character! 

I hope you like today's cards.  Thanks for stopping by - I do appreciate your comments :)

Bye for now,

Sarah x



17 comments:

  1. Great cards again! Love the beautiful coloured poppies and the sentiment on the first is super! Hope you catch up on your to-do list by the end of the week... x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love red poppies so much so this card is a fav for me!!! So glad you could play along at AAA Cards

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice cards, love the poppies. Thanks for playing along with a2z Scrapbooking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fan thinking of you card, great one to reproduce quickly when needed x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the concept of the first card, Sarah. The ropes hanging down are perfect with the sentiment. I love poppies and you did a great job coloring them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sarah I love your watercoloured poppies!! And the speckled background looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Sarah, this is just beautiful! Thank you for watercoloring with us at AAA Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's nice to see you take a break from making Christmas cards :) I love the crisp, clean design on your first card, and how you water colored your Hero Arts poppies! Both cards are just beautiful, Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a great sentiment on the first card and I love that poppy sympathy card!
    Thanks for pointing me in the direction of a2z scrapbooking!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What...no Christmas cards???!!! I can't stop making them either, is going to be quite a shock to the system when January comes around and Christmas has finished! Love your one-layer wonder, the sentiment is beautiful. And those look incredible, especially with the blue, would never have thought to put those colours together. Your so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful work! Love how you colored the poppies! So glad you joined us at a2z Scrapbooking!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gasp! Sarah, your one layer hope card is stunning ... so crisp, so CAS, so perfect ... and with the loveliest of sentiments! The poppies are just beautiful ... fabulous colouring, wonderful with the vellum sentiment strip! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those flowers are perfect for a sympathy card ... so glad you joined us at the November Challenge at a2z Scrapbooking.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful, beautiful card. The flowers are colored like a masterpiece. Thank you so much for joining in with AAA this week.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful card and great colors! This has always been one of my all time favorite Hero Stamps! Thanks for sharing it with us at the a2z Challenge Blog! Good Luck too!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous!!! I want to play with that stamp now!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely cards! Thank you for joining us at a2z Scrapbooking Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete