Tuesday 18 November 2014

More Babies!

Hello!

I can't believe it - my other cousin has had a baby girl today so for the second day in a row I am posting a new baby card :)  I find new baby cards quite hard to make - don't know why, maybe it is just lack of practice! 

Here is what I came up with:


I used a Lawn Fawn rectangle die and sponged a bit of light pink around the edge.  I stamped the lovely Handwritten Borders from SSS on a curve to create a string effect.  I used some cute little stamps from Card-io as little hanging hearts and covered them with glossy accents.  I inked my SSS striped stencil in soft grey on the card base to create a bit of interest.

As yesterday, I will link up at SSS Wednesday Challenge featuring stars and at the SSS Flickr Challenge #6 which features die cutting.

I will be back tomorrow with a more festive card....I am not aware of any more babies being due in the family this week :)

Thanks for stopping by and your kind comments,

Sarah x

11 comments:

  1. Another most adorable baby card! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely delightful, Sarah! Your cousin is going to love this card for her new baby girl! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Seeing Stars” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cool design and I do love pink and grey x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, really, when you think about it, shouldn't babies trump every other occasion or holiday? I think so! And I think your sweet card welcoming this latest addition to your growing family is awesome, Sarah! The new mommy and daddy will love it!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks like a little frame; so cute and beautiful! Great how you created dimension and sweetness with the stars and BG! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Sarah :-) This is totally adorable ! LOVE it :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't do baby cards well either, Sarah, but I think this one is perfect. I'm pinning and definitely CASEing, when I need one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a charming baby card, Sarah! I love how you inked around the edges of your panel with soft pink and the stars are so cute! I'm sure your cousin is going to love it, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Must be something in the water??!!! How exciting to have another baby around to squeeze and cuddle. A very pretty n pink card. Brilliant idea to sponge around the edge, gives it such subtle colour. I don't anyone having babies soon, so will have to be content with cuddling my big babies - Phoebe and Max!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sweet, Sarah ... love the gentle pink with the soft grey ... just lovely! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. how cute <3 I love the design and the color combo <3 gotta keep that in mind :)

    feel free to stop by and play along with us over at http://challengeupyourlife.blogspot.com :)

    xo, Martina

    ReplyDelete