Friday 14 November 2014

Starry, Starry Night

Hello!

Happy Friday to you :)  I am so glad to have made it to the weekend and have just enough time to play along with this week's Less is More Challenge.  Before I share my card I wanted to say a massive thank you to Chrissie, Sarah and Anne for choosing me as the October winner - I am so thrilled! 

This week's LIM challenge is a one layer card featuring stars.  This is not the first card I made as I had forgotten that it is one layer week....doh!



I masked a panel and used Chipped Sapphire, Salty Ocean and Tumbled Glass Distress Inks.  I put silver embossing paste through a SSS Falling Stars Stencil and stamped a Hero Arts sentiment.

The NOT one layer card which I made first features a lovely fox stamp from Inky Doodles coloured with Chameleon Pens.  The background was created in the same way as the first card and the sentiment is from SSS. 


I will link this card up with Inkspirational's challenge where the prompt is 'Shine' and Simon Says Stamp's Wednesday Challenge to use stars.

I hope you like my starry cards :)

Bye for now,

Sarah x

14 comments:

  1. I am sort of glad that you forgot that it was one layer week because this way we were treated to two wonderful, sparkly, starry cards! And you know probably that I never tire of stars...
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous cards!! The first is absolutely gorgeous and the second one is cute as can be!!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Sarah, always love visiting your blog
    Love both your cards, not seen that fox stamp before, he is adorable! Hmm you will see a similar fox on my post tomorrow - but that isn't a clue to the theme lol!
    Thanks so much for your LIM entry
    Anne
    Less is More Designer

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the win Sarah and enjoy the prize.
    Love both your cards and I often forget it's OLC week too but glad you've shared both as they are equally stunning.
    Thanks for taking part
    Sarah
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cards Sarah . . . fantastic blending! Congratulations on the well deserved win! Thanks for popping by today. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous cards Sarah, congrats too on your win at LIM, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are building a really strong case for those chameleon pens! I just adore your fox under the glittery stars! He looks amazing and really pops against the beautiful blue and silvery stars.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oH I love them both Sarah. Wow. I love that fox for a pop of color.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on your LIM award, Sarah. I do love your DI panels - a lovely Omber effect...the first could also be posted to Fusion Card challenge. Cheers Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeois effect that silverpaste! Love both cards and great inking! Enjoy the weekend, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  11. congrats on your win! And both these cards are fab-shiny and Xmassy, what else could we ask for. Thanks for joining ink and have a fun weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on your win, Sarah, so well deserved! Your silver twinkling stars are outstanding against the amazing sponged ombré backgrounds ... just gorgeous! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. CONGRATS on your well deserved win at LIM, Sarah!
    So sorry for my late post on these really beautiful cards! Your ombre effect on both cards is so pretty, and I really love how you colored the fox! I also love the effect of the silver embossing paste...So striking and perfect with your backgrounds!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm sorry I'm SO late in commenting this week Sarah.
    Well deserved win too!
    This is a super starry sky!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete