Friday 28 November 2014

Festive Wreaths

Hello!

Happy Friday - I am so glad to get to the weekend but really need to get started with Christmas preparations.  Are you organised already?!

I have two more Christmas cards to share with you today using some of my favourite Hero Arts stamps:


I stamped the wreath in several times in different greens and stamped the little flower from Family and Friends along with the sentiment.  I think it looks quite fresh :)  I will link up with the challenge at Merry Mondays which is to use this colour combo and I will also join in at Addicted to Stamps current Holiday challenge too.

I made a variation on this card using the same stamps but on kraft card:

 
I stamped the wreath in a white chalk ink to give a shadow effect and inked around the edge of the kraft panel which is matted on to a dark chocolate cardstock.  I added some red twine too.  It is amazing how different this same design looks on a different cardstock - which look do you prefer?
 
I will link up at Simon Says Stamp's Wednesday Challenge where Anything Goes and put in a final entry for this month's A2Z Scrapbooking Challenge which is also Anything Goes.
 
I hope you like my festive wreaths!  I will post a few more cards over the weekend....
 
Thanks for stopping by,
 
Sarah x
 

24 comments:

  1. Lovely card. I saw it on Merry Monday, You should put your card into the month of holiday cards challenge at Beccy's Place (day 10 or day 22)
    http://www.beccysplace.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your festive wreaths, Sarah, both of them! I think I like the first one best, but then I think, no, it's so pretty on kraft with that bow, and then I scroll up ... and Hammy's of no use, either! He loves them both equally, too!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two beautiful cards, Sarah! I love how you added the pop of red on your wreaths with the flowers and how you created a shadow effect on the 2nd one! I agree with Darnell and Hammy...I can't choose a favorite, because they're both so pretty!
    Good luck with your Christmas decorations ~ I keep it really simple at this point in my life, but I'm not ready either :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stamping the wreath a few times really gives a depth to it and this is so effective in the second card that I thought it was dry embossed and I was thinking how did she do that!!! I lie the look of the first one but my CAS loving heart has to say the first is the winner for me and thanks for entering ATSM x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh both of these are so gorgeous. I love, love, love the dimension that stamping the wreath multiple times adds to the card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't choose a favourite, Sarah ... love the crisp freshness of all those greens over white on the first ... and the shadow effect of the white on kraft with the sponged edges adds such a chilly, frosty look! Both gorgeous! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your festive wreaths are precisely that; incredibly pretty and eye-catching. Love them both! Thank you for sharing these gems in the ATSM gallery!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful cards! Love the craftone a little bit more...think because of the gray-isch colours... Enjoy the weekend, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous cards, Sarah! I love both, but wreath on white caught my eye :) Light and dark green stamping looks amazing!
    Have a treat weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice cards. I am partial to kraft paper and this card explains it - it just pops off the paper (to me).

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's amazing how different a stamp can look by changing the background paper. Both wreath are wonderful, Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi again,
    I just wanted to stop by and say thanks so much for playing along in the challenge with us at a2z Scrapbooking! We love to see your creations :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Two very different looks and both are gorgeous! Love this wreath! Thanks for sharing this with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your festive wreath cards! Especially how you stamped it repeatedly on the first card! The flower is also very cute with it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful cards .... I love both of them! My favourite has to be the one on Kraft card though, love the shadow stamping! Linda (GD Merry Monday) xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. What fabulous holiday wreaths ... love the top one ... so glad you joined our November Challenge at a2z Scrapbooking.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful cards! I love the depth you've created in your wreath by stamping it in different greens. Thanks so much for joining us at Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous wreath, so pretty and delicate! Thank you for sharing at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beauties :) Thank you for sharing with ATSM!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Both cards are gorgeous! First one looks fresh, second has a special shadow effect ! Thank you for sharing at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous cards Sarah, so elegant and pretty.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete