Saturday 1 November 2014

Patterned Paper

Hello!

I hope you are having a good weekend....I have been playing in my craft room this afternoon and have made some cards to join in with this week's Muse challenge.  The lovely Michele from icardeveryone set the challenge to make 3 cards using the same patterned paper.

I don't often use patterned paper (although I have loads of it) so this was a real challenge.  I found a fresh stripy print and made 3 Christmas cards:






The first card features my current favourite snowflake die from Hero Arts stacked up on several layers and covered in a generous layer of Wink of Stella.  The lovely sentiment is from Clearly Besotted.  I used some Winnie & Walter stamps to create my trees on the second card and a Spellbinders ornament die on the last card.

I will also link up at Less Is More where this week's challenge is to use non traditional Christmas colours and at the Anything Goes Challenge at Simon Says Wednesday Challenge.

Finally, I will join in the November challenge at Make The Day Special which is to make a Christmas card using one of their colour combos.  I bought my HA Snowflake die from the store....


I hope you like these designs.

Thanks for stopping by!

Sarah x

22 comments:

  1. Such great designs - LOVE your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an absolutely gorgeous trio of cards. Fabulous Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 3 very fun cards, Sarah - love the red & white with a touch of aqua!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah, these are fabulous! You've worked magic with your designer paper!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very classy and striking set of cards! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your gorgeous designs Sarah - they are all fabulous and great paper choice too - very pretty:) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both fabulous Christmas cards Sarah, I love your CAS style, a lovely design and gorgeous papers!!

    Thanks so much for joining Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sarah!! I love the aqua and red combo the most!! Each is gorgeous but #3 gets my fave vote... did you pierce that yourself or does the die do it? Perfection. Love the silver embossed sentiments with those colors. So happy you are playing cards with me at the Muse this week... so happy!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all three cards, Sarah. The last one with the paper peeking through the die is one that I will have to try with my abundance of patterned paper. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great set of cards Sarah, love the little trees best I think.:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous challenge combo cards Sarah
    Love them all - so beautiful and CAS.
    Thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
    Sarah xx
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  12. You've been a busy girl, and getting lots of gorgeous Christmas cards done! I love the pretty red and white striped papers and how each card is so unique!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are gorgeous cards Sarah, but it does kinda look likes it's red, which is taboo this week at LIM!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are all so pretty! I can't decide which one I love the most! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh wow! These are great - that dp is so festive and I love that you've created cards with very different looks! So glad you joined us at Muse this week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oooh, red and aqua candy stripes ... how gorgeous, Sarah ... what a fantastic trio of cards! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the crisp, fresh of your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sorry to be so late commenting this week Sarah, lovely trio of cards
    Thank you so much for joining us at Less is More
    Anne
    LIM Designer

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your interpretation of the challenge colors. The red and light blue go beautifully together and I love how you interpreted the color combo differently on all cards, yet kept with the stripes. Awesome!

    Thanks so much for playing in our Make the Day Special challenge this month – I hope we'll seen you again with your creations next month!

    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh all three cards are gorgeous.... That festive paper is just yummy :) fabulous CAS designs and I love that snowflake too. Thanks for joining in with our challenge at Make the Day Special Stamp Store x

    ReplyDelete