Tuesday 27 February 2018

Introducing Fun Flowers Stencil

Hello!

We are back today with the final introducing post before Uniko's new release goes live tomorrow.  Fun Flowers is the 5th new stencil in the release and it lives up to its name!  Here is what I have made:


I white embossed the flowers and inked over them in a range of distress oxides.  The sentiment from Birthday Sentiments is stamped and cut out.  I also die cut a butterfly by Concord and 9th from inked card and layered it over a black butterfly for a bit of added depth.


I inked the stencil with distress inks and used Uniko's fun flower stamps over the top to give them an outline.  I then fussy cut them out and popped them up on the card over stems and leaves from the Fun Flowers stamp set.  A bit of black and white washi tape at the bottom completes the design.


Finally, I inked through the stencil in blues and greens and added a few flowers that I had stamped over popped up around the birthday sentiment.

These flowers can be used either as a background or a focal point.  Check out more ideas from the DT over at the Uniko blog.

I look forward to seeing you tomorrow for the release day blog hop!

Sarah x

15 comments:

  1. Three stunning cards. I love the colours and how you've used the new stencil on each of them xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A super trio. I hadn't realised there was a matching stamp set, just thought you had a steady hand! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh beautiful...love your colours and how you find variety in everything you use...lovely stencil and stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I think your trio of cards is just lovely they show just how versatile the stencil and stamps are. Great work. I particularly like the last one in my favourite colours. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! A trio of gorgeous showcases! The addition of the stamped flowers certainly adds to the impact of the stencil! Adding to my shopping list!
    Hugs~carol

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! Absolutely adore your colour choices on each of these Sarah. Simply crisp, clean and delicious throughout! Can't wait to see what you've got in store to inspire us tomorrow! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute floral cards. I like the addition of the butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, spring is around!
    Beautyful cards Sarah. Thanks for the inspiration!
    Greetings from Wiebke

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty cards! Love the way you used the stencil!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous! Gorgeous! Gorgeous! Great use of the stencil and I love how you've added in the matching stamps(something I must put on my shopping list!) xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow ! A striking trio with gorgeous designs and bright colours ! Fabulous showcase!xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Now that you told me I can see the stencil flowers in card two, Sarah. You have shown how versatile that stencil is.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful cards - love the new stencils.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loving the vibrant colours and ombre effects. Nice touch with the reverse colouring on the butterfly die cut x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just knew you would work your magic with the Fun Flowers Stencil and coordinating Fun Flowers Clear Stamps :) Such beautiful vibrant colours and techniques. A stunning showcase, thank you. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete