Saturday 10 February 2018

Weekend Crafting

Hello!

I have spent some time this afternoon making cards and making a mess with lots of inks and paints....my favourite thing to do :)  Here are a few of the things that I came up with:


Here I inked a card panel with distress oxides and placed it behind a die cut aperture from X Cut.  It is such a simple way to create a card.  I shall link up at Inkspirational where the challenge is to make aperture cards.  

I also wanted to play along at CASology where the cue card is Butterfly.  I used a new stamp from Carabelle Studio:


I watercoloured the image with Aqua Markers and added a sentiment from Altenew.  The pastel colours and flurry of butterflies makes me think of spring!

And finally I made (another) valentines card:


I stamped a wavy background stamp from Hero Arts on to light blue card stock and added some colour variation with pencil.  The cardstock was die cut in to a heart shape and I added the beautiful layered whale which is also from Hero Arts.

I shall link this card up at Simon's Monday Challenge and at Simon's Wednesday Challenge where the theme is Love.  

I hope you like my cards :)

Sarah x



8 comments:

  1. a beautiful trio to feast my eyes on Sarah, thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. All three cards are wonderful, Sarah. I love the added colors to the wavy background and the inking on the first card is so well blended but that image of the girl with the butterflies just stole my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 3 awesome makes, Sarah! Your desk may be messy after all this creating but there's nothing un-clean about these cards, such fantastic CAS creations! I've never seen the stamp you used for CASology -beautiful! Love the blend of colors in your card for us at Ink. Thanks for joining us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really wonderful collection of cards. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards, Sarah! I love the pastels colors and sketchy feel of the butterfly card. Thanks for sharing with us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful cards. Love that swirl of pastel butterflies - so soft and pretty. So happy you could join in the fun at CASology this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous cards Sarah :-) all 3 of them are absolutely fabulous! love the heart with the whale, makes me think that we should all love our seas and take better care of them <3

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow... a series of beautiful cards! Your whale really stands out as unique! Your one layer card is also a stunner and that aperture... really feminine and cute! Thanks for sharing with us at Inkspirational!
    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete