Saturday 24 February 2018

Owl in Flight

Hello!

Amongst all of the Uniko posts that I have been sharing with the fabulous new release from Bev (which goes live on Wednesday), I wanted to highlight a new stencil that I have added to my Folksy store.  Quite a few of you seemed to like the stag silhouette that I produced before Christmas and so I decided to add to the wildlife/woodland theme and bring out an owl silhouette.  This is so much fun to play with and comes with the mask as well as the aperture so that you can either fill the owl in or work around it.

Here are a few examples:


On this card I shaded through the owl aperture with distress oxides and stamped to create a mini scene.  The sentiment is from Hero Arts.


I went slightly more artsy on this card and used the owl mask on the gelli plate with my honeycomb stencil.  I love how this turned out!  I shall link it up with Simon's Monday Challenge where the theme is to Grunge It Up and at Country View Crafts February Anything But Cute challenge and at the More Mixed Media Challenge.

I hope you like them!  The owl and honeycomb stencils are in my Folksy shop.

Owl in Flight Stencil       Laser cut honeycomb stencil

Thanks for stopping by,

Sarah x



7 comments:

  1. Wow! These cards are really striking! I loved seeing both the positive and negative space versions of the owl and the color palette is powerful and lovely at the same time. And how impressive that the stencil is one of your own creations! I loved seeing your work and am so glad you shared your talents with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely card..the owl stencil is super. Thanks so much for joining in with our anything but cute challenge over at Country View

    ReplyDelete
  3. The scene through the owl is fabulous, Sarah. I love the look you got with the gelli plate (although I know nothing about them).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards ! Thank you for joining us over at Country View Challenges !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply fantastic Sarah. You really are a genius with stencils. I need some time to have a go at more techniques! Totally inspired by your creations and stencils of course! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab idea with the landscape background within your stencil. Love the honeycomb too x

    ReplyDelete