Saturday 17 February 2018

Less Is More #365

Hello,

We are back with another challenge at Less is More and I am having lots of fun playing along as a guest designer during this special birthday month!  For this challenge we want to see your CAS designs which feature dry embossing:


I have to admit that I don't use embossing on my cards very often and don't have many embossing folders although you can also emboss dies.  I always like it when I see it on other peoples' cards but never seem to think of doing it myself!  However, I got a really sweet embossing folder free with a papercrafting magazine and decided it was perfect for this challenge :)




I embossed the folder on kraft card and added some small die cut white flowers (from Concord and 9th).  I also added a pair of chipboard birds and hearts which I painted white and embossed to create a glazed effect.  The sentiment is white embossed and from Avery Elle.  Finally I added a few dots with a white pen.  I hope you like the simple effect of kraft and white.

Whilst rummaging around for things to emboss I found a script folder and made this too:



I embossed the folder on grey card and cut a panel for the card front.  I used some gilding wax to highlight the texture and edged the grey panel with some gold mirri.  The feather die is from Spellbinders and I gold embossed the top.  The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink and I added a few splatters and sequins to finish.  

I shall link this card up at Simon's Monday Challenge where the theme is Take Note and at Simon's Wednesday Challenge to use a die.

I hope you like these embossed designs and take the time to play along with us this month.  Remember that if you play along in both of the February challenges at LIM you will be in for a chance of winning two of my range of stencils.....you can find them on Folksy.

Sarah x


12 comments:

  1. Full of rustic charm Sarah and what a perfect freebie embossing folder! So elegant and beautifully teamed with the little birds and flowers. Your feather card is equally stunning and so many stylish elements to it yet keeping to that clean and simple touch. Thanks for being a superb birthday month guest designer and for sponsoring a prize this month. You rock!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the kraft and white card, Sarah. Such a sweet design with great attention to detail. Love those little white pen dots, such a lovely way to accent. And that script folder was perfect to pair with the feather too. It's been lovely having you with us this month and thanks so much for so generously offering up the prize. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are gorgeous, Sarah! I love the calm, neutral feel of the first card with the pretty embossing and birds <3 And the second card is so classy and striking... fabulous! Thanks for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two new stunners from you Sarah ! Love both of them and their subtle and elegant look ! What a beautiful freebie this delicate wreath and I love the design you made with it. Kraft and white is always a gorgeous combination. Love also your feather card, the choice of grey, gold and white makes it delightfully classy. Thanks for being one of our talented Guest Designer for this special event and for the generous prize ! We miss you a lot ! Have a fabulous weekend. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  5. That embossed wreath is so lovely combined with the white flowers and little birds! Also love the grey/white/gold feather card! Both are spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cards are beautiful, as usual. Hope all is well with you...we miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous Sarah, I love those little birdies!
    Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two fabulous dry embossed cards, Sarah! I’m a fan of Kraft and white, and your first one is gorgeous and elegant. Love your choice of white diecuts. Your second is artsy and cool. The text embossing and feather is the perfect pairing. Love how you partial gold embossed the feather. Thank you for guest designing with us this month. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are two wonderful cards Sarah. That freebie folder is super and your combo of Kraft with pops of white makes is look gorgeous. I am in love with the feather and script though - so elegant and classy. I'm with you on not using EF's on my cards...and I have tons of them! I also forget to use gilding wax...but adore how you used it here. Sorry for the late visit - we're getting our house ready to put on the market so it is really chaos here at the moment. Lovely to see you back at LIM as guest designer for the birthday month; it's been a real treat to see your makes xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful cards :D I fancy the first, filled with love. Great design and your handmade white gel dots are the perfect finalé.
    Have a great journey on your new adventures xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both of your cards look wonderful, Sarah! I especially love the first one, all those white details really pop from the kraft base. The card has such a calm, peaceful, beautiful look! The layout in the second card is one of my faves for CAS. Great to have you back at LIM even if it only is for one month! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great cards, the embossing looks fantastic, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete