Tuesday 9 September 2014

Chocolate and Mint

Hello!

No, chocolate and mint isn't the flavour of my favourite icecream (which is pistachio in case you were wondering)!  It is the colour combo for this week's Less Is More Challenge.  It isn't a colour combo that I have used much but it is lovely and creates such an elegant look - I must use it more!  I may even get another card made before Friday if I am lucky :)

Here is the card that I have come up with:

 
I have made a start on my Christmas cards - which feels very early but I do have a lot to do this year.  This card was made using the gorgeous snowflakes from Uniko Studio stamped in a masked square with Uniko die cut snowflakes over the top.  I have stacked the mint die cut up a few times to give it a bit of added dimension. 
 
I will also link up at Simon Says Stamp's Wednesday Challenge to Stamp It - there is nothing I like better :)
 
I really like how this card turned out although the photo doesn't do it justice.  I am struggling to get photos taken at a time when there is decent light at the moment.
 
Anyway, I hope you can see it ok!
 
Thanks for stopping by - I really appreciate it :)
 
Sarah x

7 comments:

  1. You know, this is not my fav combo of colors but you may have changed my mind. Your card really is elegant and perfect for the season

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your snowflake background is so pretty, and I love how you added the mint die cut snowflake over the top! Such a great choice for this pretty color combo, Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the masked off square. I'm going to have to try that. I also love the snowflake background you created. It's perfect with the large die cut over the top.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic card ... hmmmm think I've got that Uniko set too and love how the colour scheme fits so well.
    Thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
    Sarah xx
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  5. Considering the unusual colour choice for this subject of card... this is really effective Sarah!
    Great job!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Sarah this looks great! Didn't even of using the colour scheme for Christmas and it works so well. Fabulous!
    Thanks so much for joining us at Less is More
    Anne
    LIM Designer

    ReplyDelete
  7. How inspired, Sarah ... such a gorgeous colour combo for crisp snowflakes! Fabulous background and I love the single die cut popped up against it! Sorry I've not been around very much this week (time just isn't co-operating!) ... but just enjoyed looking back over all your amazing cards ... the 'luxury' one in particular is sooo stunning! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete