Thursday 18 September 2014

Patterned Paper

Hello!

I have one last card for the fab challenge over at Virginia's View to use patterned paper - it closes tonight :( 

Like many others, I have lots of patterned paper but find it difficult to use on my cards - I really admire cardmakers who can combine patterns and elements to create layers and collage style designs. 

That is what I had in mind when I put together this card:

 
I die cut my Memory Box bird from polkadot paper by Pink Petticoat and added a wood veneer heart as a wing (with a touch of gold ink on it).  I stamped my trusty HA Starburst Lace and gold embossed it on a text paper which I also splattered with some gold ink and shaded around the edge with Pumice Stone Distress Ink.  The sentiment is from WPlus9.  I layered all of this on some black and gold cardstock offset at an angle for added interest.
 
I do love a black and gold colour combo!  Still not sure though, this is a style of cardmaking that may require more practice....
 
Thanks for stopping by.  Do let me know what you think!
 
Sarah x

9 comments:

  1. i think it's a fantastic card - love the black and gold - the polka dot bird is adorable - and love his/her little gold wing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is gorgeous! The color combo and use of patterned paper are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh....how I love this! Gold-embossing on pattern paper? Divine!! So glad that you join the fun over Virginia’s View Pattern Paper Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never thought of this and wow does it look stunning. I am so bad at using DSP but you have shown a really creative way to do this. Have a fun Friday x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my...this is gorgeous! The gold embossing and pops of black....absolutely stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh la la..this color combination is fabulous! Love the gold embossing over the text background.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sarah, what a beautiful card! I love the text background and color combination.
    It's SO striking!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I really love this card, Sarah! Your bird is so charming, and I love your gold embossing on the text background! Love this sentiment, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow what a cool choice of design patterns and diecut :) Love that polka dot bird over gold and text BG !

    ReplyDelete