Thursday 11 September 2014

Time Out #14

Hello! 

I hope the week is treating you well - we are having a sunny September so I am smiling :)

It is time for our next fab Time Out Challenge and this is my first post as a member of the Design Team.  Happy Days!  This time it is a gorgeous photo inspiration - let me show you:


I absolutely adore this photo - the natural textures, browns and creams and of course the inspiring sentiments on the wooden tags.  This is what I made:

 
I used a stitched tag die cut from Waltzingmouse Stamps and also used it to cut the small hessian tag.  The sentiment is from Pink Petticoat and was printed on to some cream cardstock.  I also clear embossed Hero Arts woodgrain background on to the dark brown card to continue the wood/textured theme.  A wood veneer heart to finish.
 
I enjoyed playing with the challenge so much that I made a second card too:
 
 
I used pretty much all of the same elements that were lying on my table from the first card and added an embossing folder to provide the script element.

Head over to Time Out to see the great cards posted by the talented Design Team.  This week we are joined by a fabulous guest designer - Christine of Poppaeacards.  I love Christine's work - her cards are gorgeous and I always come away from her blog inspired.  If you haven't visited her before do drop by and say hello.

The challenge is open for 2 weeks so you have lots of time to get creative.  I can't wait to see what you make :)

See you again soon,

Sarah x

9 comments:

  1. So pleased the day is finally here and yuu are now on the DT and what a great card to start with. I was wondering how you got that woodgrain look as it looks so realistic and I remember I have thus stamp!! Both cards are oozing with texture that interpret the photo so well x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah, congrats on your first DT post, 2 gorgeous cards, perfectly reflecting the inspiration photo. Thank you so much for your kind words too, I could say exactly the same back to you, I love your style! Cx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Sarah ... these are both so fabulous ... you've captured the look and feel of the inspiration so brilliantly ... the wonderful embossed woodgrain and script, the touches of burlap, the lovely natural colours and those sweet hearts ... delicious! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How funny that we both used a big tag on our cards!!!!! Both of your cards look amazing and love that deep, rich woodgrain. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your first DT post, Sarah! I love the warm colors and how you added so much texture to your cards! Your woodgrain heart is so pretty...I never would have thought of that! You did an amazing job with the inspiration photo...Stunning cards!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay I am now totally in awe. These cards are so terrific I can hardly stand it. The wood grain, the sentiments, the burlap. Oh my. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both look so fabulous! Loving the burlap and the embossed script is just wonderful - cool and creative cards :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two fantastic cards, Sarah! Great to have you in the DT. :) I think you've captured the inspiration photo perfectly, I love all "the earthy look" and the color palette of these. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on the DT spot :) u nailed ur first post with these amazing creations :$

    ReplyDelete