Saturday 27 September 2014

Finally!

Hello!

Finally I got the chance to spend some time in my craft room and made a few cards to play along with some of my favourite challenges.

The code word at Addicted to CAS is Cuddly which made me think of the Storybook set from Avery Elle:


I love the sweet rabbit from this set - the images are whimsical without being too cute.  I cut out the panel with the Lawn Fawn stitched rectangle and added a bit of Antique Linen around the edge.  Some soft blue gingham paper and blue button complete the card. 

As it is quite a CAS design I will also link up at Addicted to Stamps and More and at Simon Says Stamp's Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes.

I also made a card for the second SSS Flickr challenge hosted by the fab Barb Engler.  This challenge is a Tic Tac Toe one.  I don't know why but I always find these quite tricky - maybe there are just too many possible directions!

Here is what I ended up with:



Tic-Tac-Toe! by Simon.Says.Stamp

I went with flowers, polka dots and glitter using Simon Says Flowers of Whimsy and Lawn Fawn Let's Polka paper pad.  I used some Wink of Stella and Glossy Accents on the centres of the flowers so there is some glitter!  The sentiment is from WPlus9.  I like a yellow and grey colour combo.

I hope you like it.  I am going to call it a night but will be back with more cards tomorrow :)

I hope you are having a crafty weekend!

Sarah x

18 comments:

  1. These are great! That bunny and the sponging are too cute! Thanks for playing with us at Addicted to Stamps and More!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the soft inking on your first card and he is a cutie. And what a fab way to use DSP on the second and yellow and grey is a colour combo I really like. Have a fun Sunday x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That stitching and sponging along the edges looks great! And the stamp is so cute! That combi from yellow and gray is one that I want to tr; it looks beautiful! Enjoy your sunday, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet bunny card you've created! Absolutely darling! Thank you for sharing at ATSM!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such wonderful cards! LOVE that adorable Bunny card!!!! So super sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Sarah, that bunny is just so adorable ... so beautifully framed and perfect with the soft blue gingham! The yellow and grey graphic blooms are amazing ... so striking and cool! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two beautiful cards, Sarah! Your bunny is so cute, and I love your CAS design on this card! Love the patterned papers and color combo on your flowers, too!
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at ATSM this week! Hope you'll come back again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sarah! Your bunny card is just the cutest!! Thanks so much for linking up with Addicted to CAS :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a sweet bunny and I love the gingham and button! So glad you joined us at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this adorable bunny. Love your design and coloring. Thank you for sharing at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is certainly adorable and cuddly. The perfect stamps for our code word and beautifully CAS. Thanks so much for playing along at ATSM and ATCAS xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both of these are fantastic and so different from each other. The first card is so soft and gorgeous, really love the touch of ink on the inside of the rectangle, brilliant idea. I love grey and yellow too (well, actually I love grey and anything....), those die cuts are fantastic and look so good with the Lawn Fawn paper. Do those flowers have a curve to them? So glad you finally had a chance to craft away!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are so adorable :) I so love the bunny card with the subtle inking of the focal piece. Thank you for sharing with ATSM n ATCAS!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a sweet bunny! Thank you so much for playing along with the Anything Goes Challenge this week over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay, Sarah!! Congratulations on the HM honor at ATSM for this adorable CAS card!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats Sarah on your HM at ATSM xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. And congrats on your win at ATCAS...this card is rockin the challenges x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just precious, your bunny card. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete