Sunday 21 September 2014

Merry Christmas

Hello!

From Halloween yesterday to a Christmas card today....

I wanted to play along at Merry Mondays again this week where the challenge is to make the sentiment the focal point.  I got an Honourable Mention for my card last week which was a great surprise :)



I gold embossed one of the new Tim Holtz Christmas sentiments in gold and die cut with a Lawn Fawn stitched rectangle.  I inked the edges with Antique Linen and framed the sentiment with the fab pine cone stamps and dies from Waltzingmouse Stamps.

I will also join in at Addicted to Stamps and More which has a holiday theme for its current challenge.

Finally, I shall link up at the Waltzingmouse Fanatics Challenge which has a Christmas theme.

It is great to be ahead with my Christmas cards for a change - if I can make a few a week from here on I should be just about ok this year :)

Thanks so much for stopping by and your kind comments.

Bye for now,

Sarah x

11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Christmas card! The Antique Linen edging really makes the card pop. Thanks so much for joining us at Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fabulous gold embossed sentiment is definitely the star of the show here, Sarah ... brilliantly supported by those wonderful WMS branches and cones! Just lovely! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great - I love the rustic colors and soft look of your stamping - thanks for playing with us at Addicted to Stamps and More and Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your well deserved Honorable Mention, Sarah! Another gorgeous card, too! I love how you used gold EP for your sentiment and the pine cones are such a perfect way to frame it out! Love the heart, too! So pretty and festive, and a great way to get started on your Christmas cards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do love gold embossing and this is the star here. Xongratsm on HM x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the gold sentiment framed by those wonderful pine branches. The inking makes everything stand out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card, love the pine cones which frame your embossed sentiment beautifully. Thanks for joining us at ATSM this week. Monika

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the font on that TH sentiment, Sarah! Those sweet little pine cones are just adorable! So happy you could join us at ATS&M!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh this is fab - I do like the way you've framed the sentiment with the super branch and pine cones! Lovely work. Thanks so much for playing along with Waltzingmouse Fanatics and ASM.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You pinecones look fabulous Sarah! I love how you made your sentiment the star of your show!!

    ReplyDelete