Wednesday 17 September 2014

Make the Day Special

Hello!

I am just popping in with a quick card that I made for Make the Day Special's current challenge which is a sketch.  I have to admit that sketches are not really 'my thing' - colour combos, inspiration photos or word prompts can all get my mind working but I don't seem to have a knack for sketches.  I am sure it is just something that I need to practise more.....

Anyway, here is my take on the sketch using my new Avery Elle Boo stamps and dies - I love the stitched details around the ghosts and they come with different faces too :)  You can get them at Make the Day Special along with lots of other fab goodies!




I obviously went with a traditional Halloween colour scheme and used my Memory Box web stencil to create the background.  A bit of black glitter card and few orange enamel dots to finish.  I just swapped the sketch round - it is a really simple one but fun to use.  Maybe I am getting over my sketch 'phobia' after all :)


 
The challenge is open until Monday 22 Sept so you still have time to play along :)

As I used a stencil to create the cobweb background I will just get this in under the wire for the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge to make your own background.  Phew!

Anyway, I hope you like it!

Thanks for your visit and kind comments,

Sarah x

10 comments:

  1. What a fun Halloween card, Sarah! Love that awesome spider web and the bits of orange!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this fun card, Sarah! Your spider webs are perfect for the background with these adorable ghosts! Love your Halloween color combo, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun, Sarah ... what an amazing background ... those stitched ghosts are simply gorgeous! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable card, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am with you on sketches!! That background is fabulous and the enamel dots are so perfect for this x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a fun card, Sarah. I love the sentiment and those cobwebs are great for the background.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this Sarah ..and how did i miss those dies? Thanks for playing along at Make the day special stamp store.
    Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is adorable, love those ghosts !

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is perfect for the upcoming festivities and I love how you used our sketch for your card too :) amazing background.... It looks like designer paper, I'm properly impressed :)
    Thank you for playing along with our challenge this month at Make the Day Special Stamp Store x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha, Sarah, now I want to know what's on the inside of the card. Your sentiment on the outside is just too much of a tease ;) Wonderful project, I especially love the contrast of the black glitter card and the orange stripe. Really neat detail.

    Thanks so much for playing in our Make the Day Special challenge this month – I hope we'll seen you again with your creations next month!

    Julia

    ReplyDelete