Tuesday 16 September 2014

Happy Birthday!

Hello!

When I realised that it was the sweet Bev from Happy Dance's birthday, I wanted to join in with the celebrations.  Darnell is hosting a fab party for Bev and Ardyth is hosting a link up where we can share our birthday celebration cards with the birthday girl!  I don't know Bev as well as many others but she has left some really encouraging comments on my blog since I started earlier this year.  She is a fun-loving and generous spirit and valued member of the crafting community! 

 
This is a simple and pretty card featuring Hero Art's Starburst Lace white embossed on kraft combined with my new PTI butterfly and sentiment.  The top layer of vellum on the butterfly adds to the softness.  I am increasingly feeling the need to make Christmas cards at the moment so it is nice to get a butterfly card made before the autumn nights draw in!
 
I will also join this card up at Inkspirational where the word prompt is Flight.
 
I hope you have a beautiful day, Bev and enjoy all of our good wishes across blogland :)
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Sarah x

15 comments:

  1. So pretty, Sarah! I love the pink and kraft combo - beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I'm sure I've seen kraft and pink together before, but if I have, it did not make an impression on me the way this has!! It's a seriously brilliant design, Sarah! I'm calling winner! Not only the colors, but also the placement, the vellum, and that heart center on the magnificent butterfly ~ it's all just yummo!! Thank you so much for joining the party for adorable Bev!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, Sarah. That doily is exquisite.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Sarah, this is so pretty ... love the combination of colours! The elegant butterfly is gorgeous with the delicate white doily ... so fabulously feminine! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soooooooo pretty! white doily and pink butterfly is such a gorgeous combo :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Sarah...this is so beautiful! I absolutely love the butterfly with the sweet little heart. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sarah I always love to see your cards, this one for Bev is so pretty! Pink and kraft together = swoon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful card, Sarah - love the white doily background with that butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sooo pretty! Bev will love it! That delicate butterfly on the lacy background stamp - LOVE! Great to see you playing at Inkspirational, Sarah! And thanks for joining my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I adore this card! The white on kraft with the pink is so gorgeous! I just ordered this butterfly die - thanks for the inspiration! Thanks for becoming a follower on my blog! Sorry that I can't return the favor but I am not on Google+. But I have had your blog in my feedly since you started it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I adore this Sarah. The butterfly with vellum and the pink is stunning and that sweet little heart! Thanks for joining us at Ink x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely gorgeous card, Sarah! Your butterfly is perfect for Bev's birthday...the pink is so feminine behind the vellum and the doily is such a lovely accent!
    After seeing your card, this butterfly just got bumped up to the top of my wishlist :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Talk about beautiful!! Have never thought of kraft, pink and white together! And you make me so jealous, I desperately want to get my hands on a white ink pad but I have to order it from the US and its not quite in the budget at the moment. AND I really want that butterfly die as well. Will have to live vicariously thru you and your gorgeous creations instead!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a simply stunning card! Love the pink and white on kraft. Wonderful design. Thanks so much for joining us over at Inkspirational! Hope you join us again! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is great! I love that big butterfly and the white sentiment really pops against the kraft. Thanks so much for playing with us at Inkspirational!
    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete