Saturday 20 September 2014

Going Batty!

Hello!

Another weekend has rolled around and I haven't had as much time to play in my craftroom as I was hoping - events conspired against me!  Finally I got time to sneak away last night and for some reason I decided to make a few Halloween cards....I don't really know why as we don't particularly send them.  However, I do like Halloween images and the oranges, purples and blacks that often go with them.

I only have two Halloween sets and decided to see what I could make with the old Hero Arts set You Scare Me:

 
I die cut a tag with my HA die and inked with Spiced Marmalade - a perfect Halloween colour.   I stamped the bats from the set in first and second generation black ink.  I inked my Memory Box cobweb stencil selectively in the background to frame the tag.  The card says Boo! inside :)  I will join this card up at Simon Says Stamp's Wednesday Challenge to make a tag.  I often use tags as a focal point on cards as they are quick and easy to do....
 
I will also link up at A2Z Scrapbooking's September challenge to make a Fall or Christmas inspired card/project. 


As you can see, I liked stamping the bats and did it again on this card....they make a great spooky background!  The Boo stamp is fab - I love the eyes :)  The sentiment is stamped on a tag die cut from Waltzingmouse Stamps.

That is enough battiness from me for one day!  Hopefully I shall have more cards to share tomorrow.

Thanks for stopping by :)

Sarah x

14 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cards Sarah :-) I love the whole spooky theme :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous inking, Sarah! I love how you used the stencils with these Halloween images! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Tag It Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two fabulous cards, Sarah! I love your first and second generation stamping on the first card, and your spider webs are awesome! I also love your fun sentiment on the 2nd tag! Really cute cards!
    Thanks so much for joining us in this month's challenge at a2z Scrapbooking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do love that cobweb stencil and great stamping and blending x

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are both so splendidly spooky, Sarah ... love how the colours glow ... and yep, those boo eyes are fabulous! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. these are so fun, and love the spiderweb! Glad you joined us at a2z!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm quite often told by my husband that I'm going 'batty', so must get my hands on a stamp like this. I think the bats make a perfect background and really set the scene. I graduated orange looks brilliant on the tag and the yellow really pops with the black. That Boo stamp is fantastic, scary and cute at the same time. Awesome cards!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Sarah. Both your cards are fab! i love the bats in the first card and the Boo eyes :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are fab Sarah! I soooooooo love the faded inking of the webs :) awesome design

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sarah, I'm so with you on Halloween and struggle to make any cards for the holiday every year. Now, however, thanks to you, I have a FAVE Halloween design that I love and that I can make because I have a bat stamp like that!!! I really love the background paired with that single simple BOO tag w/ eyeballs! I even have eyeballs I can use! Love it!! Pinning it!! Thank you!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are so much fun! I love the bats! Thanks so much for playing along with the TAG It! Challenge on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You might not send them but you certainly rock at making them! I love the ombre effect on your tag. Framing it in with those spider webs was brilliant! I super love the bright yellow on your second card! Beautiful batty background :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning and funny cards <3 Love them!
    Thank you for playing along with us at A2Z Scrapbooking!
    (btw, a giveaway going on on my blog... ;))

    ReplyDelete