Sunday 5 October 2014

Christmas Crystals

Hello!

I hope your weekend has been a fun one.  There were so much fantastic inspiration around blogland yesterday for WCMD that I almost feel hungover!

I haven't had much chance to make cards today but do have another festive creation to share with you.....I have never made this many Christmas cards in September and October before!  Now that I have got my Christmas stamps out it is proving difficult to stop and I am loving the Handmade for Christmas release from Hero Arts.  I just got a few of the sets from Make the Day Special and wanted to ink up the fab Christmas Crystals set:

 
 
I am a sucker for bauble stamps anyway but think these ornaments look so cool and draw on the geometric trend as well.  All I have done here is silver embossed them on to vellum, added some WoS and pierced lines to give the impression of them hanging down the card.  I combined them with a sentiment from Hero Arts Decorate Your Holidays which is silver embossed as well.  A strip of silver glitter tape and some glittery dots to finish. 
 
I will link my card up at the current Hero Arts Holiday Challenge under the White Out and Mad About Metallics categories.  I will also link up at A2Z Scrapbooking's October Challenge to use 2 or more 'hard' HA products on your card and as this is a fairly CAS design I will also make this my second entry in to Virginia's View Challenge.  Finally, I will join in with the challenge at Keep It Simple which is to use three of something on your project....phew :)
 
I hope you like it!  Thanks for stopping by and for your kind comments :)
 
Sarah x
 
 

7 comments:

  1. You're making it difficult for me to resist buying this stamp set with all the pretty silver and your CAS design! I love how you paired it with the sentiment, too! Gorgeous card, Sarah!

    And, thanks so much for playing along again at the a2z Scrapbooking Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the silver and white combo, Sarah! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah that is gorgeous! So glad you took a part to our challenge over at A2Z Scrapbooking :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very classy and elegant, Sarah ... the silver's fantastic with the vellum! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. never seen this stamp in white, but I love it! gorgeous--so glad you joined in at a2z!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your non-colored/metallic approach to this CAS challenge! Gorgeous design all around, Sarah! Thanks so much for playing Virginia’s View Clean and Simple Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute card. Thanks for playing along with a2z Scrapbooking challenge.

    ReplyDelete