Saturday 18 October 2014

Muse

Hello!

I hope you are enjoying your weekend.  Just one week left until half term - thank goodness :)

I don't often get the chance to play along with the fab Muse challenge but I did love Therese's sweet card and wanted to have a go.  Here is what I made:


This is a fairly literal take on Therese's scene combining stitched hills die cut from patterned paper and these cute elephants from Hero Arts Lil Hoot set.  I coloured them with my new Chameleon Pens - I need a bit more practice but like the shading they give.  The sentiment is from SSS.

I will also join up at Addicted to Stamps where the current challenge is to Make Your Mark.

While I was having a play I also made a card with the colour combo over at Simon Says Stamp's Wednesday Challenge.  I used some fun Halloween stamps from Tim Holtz:


The boys really like this cool skull stamp!

Thanks, as always, for stopping by - I really appreciate it  :)

Sarah x

20 comments:

  1. I love how you colored the elephants, Sarah! Your shading and blending is beautiful, and your card is a fab take on Therese' Muse card!
    How fun is that skull stamp? Love how you made him the star of the show in the foreground and background...very cool!
    I'm so glad you entered your card for this week's challenge at ATSM! We love it when you play along :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your sweet style! These are really wonderful! The monochrome colour palette and the cuddling elephants are perfect for the Muse challenge. Thanks so much for joining us at Muse this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your take on the MUSE card is absolutely charming. And I love, love the skulls on the Halloween card - perfectly CAS and so much fun. Thanks so much for playing along with ASM this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great take on the Muse, great choice of colors to work with, I like the second card too!
    Thanks for joining us at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So adorable :) love those cute colors n stamps

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is soo sweet Sarah, love the square shape with the die cut sentiment, totally takes it out of the ball park!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great skull card

    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Wednesday Challenge this week.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great cards Sarah. Your card for the Muse challenge is very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sarah both cards so cute, and the first one is really sweet too!! Thanks for visiting my new blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is adorable - especially your first card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Sarah! Your little elephants are just completely perfect for the challenge!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both cards are fantastic, I love your cute little elephants.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great mix of patterns and calming colour combo. Fun skull card! Thanks for joining us at ATSM x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey Sarah!! I love your card. The colors are so nice and soft. The elephants are so cute too. I love the pattern paper you used too. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So sorry forgot to say thank you for linking up with us at ATSM!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sweet cards - love the soft colors!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Adore this cute Elephant card. Voted for it, and wanted to see it more clearly. It's a winner.

    ReplyDelete
  18. A great cute and EEEK card! Both so great use of colours with the themes! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  19. Two great cards Sarah. Carol x

    ReplyDelete