Sunday 26 October 2014

Krafty Snowflakes and Newsprint Butterflies

Hello!

The clocks went back last night so I got an extra hour in bed - yay!  Feeling slightly refreshed I have had a bit more time in my craft room and came up with this:




I white embossed a range of Hero Arts snowflakes on to a kraft base and added a die cut Hero Arts snowflake in grey with a vellum one on top.  Combined with a sentiment from HA's Merry Christmas Messages.  I like the grey and kraft together although it is not a traditional Christmas colour combo!

I will link up with Simon Says Stamp's Wednesday Challenge to use kraft and at Hero Arts Holiday Challenge under the Anything Goes category.

The challenge at Less Is More this week is to use newsprint.  It is ages since I have used text print and had forgotten how much I like the look of it.  I found a free printable online to use as a base for this tag:


I stamped and embossed the outline of a butterfly from Clearly Besotted on the tag and coloured with my Chameleon Pens.  The banner and sentiment are from PTI.  A bit of distress ink around the edges of the tag and splatters in the background to finish.  I may well be back with some more newsprint cards later in the week :)

Thanks as ever for stopping by!

Sarah x

12 comments:

  1. Love how you used the non-traditional colors on your first card, Sarah! Your gray and vellum snowflake is so unexpected, and really beautiful! Your butterfly is very pretty with the text print on your 2nd card, and I love how you added a pop of color to this card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two stunning cards! Adore the white on kraft on the first one with the vellum snowflake! And on the second card I love the text background and your coloring and splattering!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Superb cards as always Sarah and I can't pick between them.
    Just the colouring on the LIM one is slightly swaying me that way ... it simply pops.
    Great use of newsprint.
    Thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
    Sarah xx
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards Sarah - your christmas card is so pretty and I love the text on your second one:) Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your newsprint tag Sarah... your other card is fab too! what a talent!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  6. The snowflakecard is a stunning one! And the newspapercard is beautiful; love how you let the butterfly pop out just by the colour! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two gorgeous cards Sarah, love kraft and white and that tag is brilliant! Are you pleased with your Chameleon pens?
    Thank you so much for joining us this week at Less is More
    Anne
    LIM Designer

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the newsprint card, the colour you have chosen here really looks amazing against the newsprint x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both fabulous cards Sarah, a lovely design and beautiful snowflakes on the Kraft - what a gorgeous sentiment!!

    Thanks so much for joining Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love both your cards, they both have that wow factor. Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a great tag card !!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Don't you just love white on Kraft?? There is something so crisp about it and especially love it with snowflakes. Your first card looks amazing and love the grey/vellum combo, very clever! I've never used newsprint on a card before. I love the way you just have it on the tag and it looks so aged. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete