Sunday 12 October 2014

Snowflakes and Splatters

Hello!

I hope you have had a fantastic weekend with lots of crafty time.  I managed to make a few more cards today so it has been quite a productive weekend for a change and we went for a lovely autumn walk this afternoon :)

First up is a card that I made for the current challenge at Uniko Studio to make a CAS card:


I used the Stunning Snowflakes stamps and dies and the challenge colour combo:



I swiped the cardstock through a mix of Peacock Feathers, Broken China and Dusty Concord spritzed with water and die cut the snowflake.  It is stacked up on a couple of layers to give a bit of dimension.  I will also link up with the current challenge at Simon Says Stamp's Wednesday Challenge to use watercolour.  This can be another entry for the fab CAS challenge at Virginia's View - there are some amazing cards in the gallery!

Next up is a one layer card to play along with Less is More's current challenge to use two of something:


After all of my recent Christmas card making I decided to use some pastel colours and butterfly stamps from PTI.  I added some splatters with a stamp from WPlus9 to add a bit of interest so I will also link up for a second time at CASology.

Thanks for stopping by and your kind comments - they make my day :)

Sarah x

16 comments:

  1. I love the way your snowflake is colored, Sarah, such a great take on the inspiration! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah, that UNIKO card is a SHOWSTOPPER!!! Love your CASology card too! Sweet butterflies, thanks for joinin in this week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hola Sarah, beautiful colours for your butterflies, i like the soft colours, gorgeous card.
    Hugs from Palma de Mallorca

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two really gorgeous cards, Sarah! Your snowflake is so pretty...I love the colors and your CAS design is perfect! I also love your butterflies (need that stamp!) and how you added your splatters on your 2nd card! So glad you had some time to create so we could see these 'Beauties'!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wonderful cards, Sarah - i just love watercoloring some paper and then die cutting like your snowflake - the results are so cool! love those butterflies too - i think those are my new faves!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are gorgeous! That snowflake is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. the butterfly card is just amazing-I love the design and the use of colours-and naturally the splatters are my fav. Great way to use the snowflake dies-really original. Have a good week x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a lovely soft colour palette for those butterflies, Sarah, so gentle and delicate! I just love the snowflake ... the effect of the watercolour swiping is fantastic! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sarah love the colours in both your cards, that snowflake is amazing and the butterflies are so pretty with the spatter added

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the colored snowflake and the splatter trail left by the butterflies. Great cards, Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  11. such beautiful cards, love the splatter for the butterfly trails. Thank you so much for joining this week at CASology

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both are fab OLC's Great imagery !!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great cards! Love the grungelook of the snowflake om the first and the beautiful placing on the second. Have a good week, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous cards! I just love the depth you've created in that big snowflake - it looks so rich.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous cards Sarah, I do love how you've used the colours for the Uniko Challenge that's cool.
    Love your LIM one too those butterflies are classy, colourful and so elegant
    Thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
    Sarah xx
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the variation of colors on this snowflake! So glad that you join the fun over Virginia’s View Clean and Simple Challenge! Well done, Sarah!

    ReplyDelete