Sunday 19 October 2014

More festive cards

Hello!

I have had fun making a few more Christmas cards today....I also signed up for the 2014 Holiday Card Workshop from Online Card Class yesterday so I am obviously going to be making lots more too!  Class starts on 3 November so I hope that I will see lots of you there.  It is often a challenge to keep up with homework around the day job but I do love to see the inspiration from class and what other students do with it!

Given that I have been so enthusiastic with my Christmas card making this year I plan to send some of my cards over to support this year's Caring Hearts Card Drive organised by Jennifer Maguire and Vera Yates - such a great idea.  I'm not aware of anything similar in the UK but if there is - let me know!

First up I have made this fun Christmas card with some of my new Hero Arts stamps:


I really love these bottle brush trees from the Hero Arts Friends and Family set.  Here I stamped them in teal and pink for a bit of a non traditional colour combo.  I masked off a section at the bottom and used Hero Arts Tiny Ink Dots in the background to look a bit like snow.  Washi tape down the side and a sentiment from the Friends and Family set to finish.

I will join up (for a 5th time!) at the current Holiday card challenge over at Hero Arts in the Anything Goes category and also enter (for a 3rd time) at A2Z Scrapbooking's October challenge to use two or more 'hard' HA products on your project.

Next up is a card for the latest challenge at the Simon Says Stamp Flickr Group - watercolour:


I watercoloured some Tim Holtz watercolour card with Festive Berries and Fired Brick Distress Inks. I cut out a panel with a Lawn Fawn stitched rectangle and inked through my new Simon Says Stamp large dot stencil leaving the dots deliberately part coloured to give some variation.  I die cut the new SSS seasons greetings die and stacked it up for a bit of dimension with some WoS on top.  The snowflakes in the background are from Hero Arts.

The effect isn't as watercolour-y as I wanted but I love that stencil!

If you like Simon Says Stamp products it is definitely worth checking out the Flickr group challenge - there is a fab prize and it is lots of fun :)

Thanks for bearing with my ramblings and for stopping by!

Sarah x

8 comments:

  1. both such fun bright cards, Sarah - doesn't it feel good to get those christmas cards done early!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOnderful cards and for such a great cause! I am also taking part in this card drive and have done so fo the past few years. It's really fun to share cards with those who might otherwise not have to many and now that Operation Write Home as scaled back on their needs, I'll have even more to send to this drive! So happy you are taking part too !!

    Oh and thank you again for sharing this beauty in our October Challenge over on the a2z Blog. I love the colors you used! I actually own the "digi kit" of this set and you've inspired me to see what fun colors I can now use for my "Bottle Trees".

    Hugs,
    Lisa

    PS: As they say -- The third time is the "charm"...maybe this will be the card that wins the Challenge! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another Sarah? You are a machine! Excellent job, once again, you rock! Thank you for sharing your layout with us at A2Z Scrapbooking <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome cards Sarah! I love how you inked the bottle brush trees in non traditional colors and your background is perfect! I also love how you partly colored the dots on your second card...so fun!
    I'm so glad you're playing along with us at a2z Scrapbooking again! I always enjoy seeing your cards in the challenge gallery!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both cards are beautiful! The bottle brush tree card is fun and I love the colours and shading.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love both cards. Great color combo. So glad you joined us at a2z Scrapbooking challenge.
    xx Ria

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the bottle trees with this bg stamp! great colors too--glad to see it linked up at a2z!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute cards. Thanks for playing along with a2z Scrapbooking challenge.

    ReplyDelete