Thursday 2 October 2014

Word Play!

Hello!

Thank goodness it is Friday eve - another week survived.  I am looking forward to half term break already but we have got another 3 weeks to go.....

I am trying to get cards made for as many challenges as possible - although for every challenge I enter there is another one that I miss!

Here is another card for this week's Less is More challenge, Mostly Words which I made playing with Altenew's Label Love set:


This is a masculine birthday card stamped in Hero Arts Navy and Wet Cement.  I simply stamped the labels from the Altenew set in to a sort of grid and filled the gaps with little stamps and icons from other sets.  I popped up the second Happy Birthday on foam pads and coated it in glossy accents.  This was a quick card to make but I like the effect :)  It was fun trying to work out how to fit all of the sentiments together.

Whilst I had the Altenew set out I combined it with Hero Arts Starburst Lace and Tiny Ink Dots to make this card:


This card is actually a remake as I had white embossed the lace stamp and watercoloured with distress inks but it looked rubbish so I die cut it with a circle die to lose the messy watercolour around the outside and used it popped up on foam pads instead.  The tiny ink dots and navy sentiment add a bit of contrast with the pale blues of the lace.  At least I saved it from the bin :)  I can also join this up with A2Z Scrapbooking's October challenge to use 2 or more Hero Arts 'hard' supplies (stamps, stencils etc) on your project.  The challenge is open for the whole month so there is plenty of time to play along.

That's it from me for tonight.  I hope to get creating again at the weekend :)

See you again soon,

Sarah x

15 comments:

  1. Loving your words display on your card Sarah !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so clever, Sarah! I love how you played with the Altenew sentiments and your masculine color combo is awesome!
    Love how you paired your stamps on your 2nd card, too! Beautiful water coloring and I love how you placed the heart in the center of the lace doily! So pretty!
    Thank you again for playing along with us in this month's challenge at a2z...we always enjoy seeing your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the one popped up sentiment and that second card is so very elegant x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two super cards Sarah! Those word stamps look very useful and you have made a brilliant masculine card with them
    Thanks so much for joining us at Less is More
    Anne
    LIM Designer

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two beautiful cards! Love the first one; so super positioned! Enjoy the weekend, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  6. great cards Sarah, the first one is super

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the grid you made with the word stamps. The color works so well for a masculine card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two lovely cards Sarah. Great male card with the colours you used on the first one. I think the second card would also work as a male card too, so handy as they aren't easy to make I find ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. 2 fabulous cards Sarah - have to say I'm particularly drawn to the first one.
    So cool and fun
    Great for the challenge with those multi words
    Thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
    Sarah xx
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a pretty card Sarah, I especially love how you used the two different Hero Arts stamps together, and the fun colors you also used! I was so happy to see in our Inlinkz Gallery over at a2z Scrapbooking and wanted to thank you for playing! Be sure to stop by tomorrow, as we will be hosting some fun new "World Card Making Day" challenges, giving you even more chances to WIN a store gift card! Happy Creating!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm sorry I'm so late with this visit, these are great Sarah... I love that DYMO look. (if that's what those machines were called that labelled stuff)
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  12. That masculine word grid is brilliant, Sarah ... love how you popped up and GA'd one of the messages! The soft blue medallion is gorgeous against all those tiny navy dots ... fabulous! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another great card - you are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love these stamps together--thanks for playing along at a2z!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card, love the colors. Thanks for playing along with a2z Scrapbooking challenge.

    ReplyDelete