Monday 20 October 2014

Non Trad Christmas

Hello!

Just a quick post from me tonight with a card that I have made using my new Simon Says Stamps ornament set:



I stamped the ornaments in Peacock Feathers and Shabby Shutters Distress Inks and then watercoloured them to give a bit more depth and shading.  The panel is die cut with my current fave stitched rectangle die from Lawn Fawn and the sentiment is silver embossed from PTI.  I lightly inked my Hero Arts confetti stencil to create a bokeh type effect in the background.

I will link up at this week's Merry Mondays challenge to use non-traditional Christmas colours.  I hope to play along again this week as I love using different colour schemes for my Christmas cards.  I will also join up at the Simon Says Stamp Flickr Challenge to use watercolouring given that I am using my new SSS stamps :)

I hope you like my card.  Thanks for stopping by....I really appreciate your support!

Sarah x

23 comments:

  1. I love your ornament card, Sarah! The sequins are so fun and festive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. really pretty Sarah - i played with this challenge today too - it was hard to think of some different non-trad colors,

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like, Sarah! Beautiful ornaments and I love the CAS layout with the bokeh background! Thanks for sharing this with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another gorgeous Christmas card, Sarah! I love how you water colored the ornaments and your bokeh background is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these colors together and your layout is so clean and fresh! Gorgeous card! Thanks so much for joining us at Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty. Love the colors you used.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cool card Sarah! I love how you achieved the bokeh effect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do like that Bokeh look and fab colours you used for this. I am a fan of non traditional colours for Xmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty ornaments. Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely love your card. Those bokeh effects are perfect, and your ornaments are great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sarah this is such a fantastic card! I love that set, need to get it out again!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous card with non-trad colours. Love the pretty confetti background.
    Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card! I love the confetti in the bg, it gives such a festive feeling!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous card - my favouritie colours too! I love the bokeh effect too! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Super cute card!! I love the colors you picked! Love the bokeh!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome design! Love the soft, pretty colors and dots on the background!! Thanks so much for playing with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very pretty card! Those ornaments in those colors are cute!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love that you made a background and place the panel on top. The ornaments look great.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the colors you've chosen and what great ornament stamps, wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful design. Love those ornaments.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great colour combo ...... beautiful card! x

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is gorgeous, Sarah! Love those ornaments and the awesome bokeh background!

    ReplyDelete