Saturday 4 October 2014

Happy WCMD!

Hello!

I hope you are having a fab World Cardmaking Day.  I have done no housework in honour of this auspicious occasion and just spent the afternoon making cards!  To be honest I needed a bit of playtime after a full on week which has included a sick child, broken car and stress at work :(

Here is a card made with the cool robin from the fab new Waltzingmouse Stamps release:


I coloured him with promarkers and popped him up against a masked panel of snowflakes stamped in HA Tide Pool.  The die cut is from Li'l Inkers and I have stacked that up on 3 or 4 layers for some added dimension.  I added WoS to the robin's heart and the sentiment but you can't really see it in the photo.

I will link this card up at Inkspirational Challenges where the theme is beverages/drinks as the robin is enjoying a hot drink!  I will also link up with Waltzingmouse Fanatics new challenge where Anything Goes.  I am so delighted to have been picked as No 1 Fan from the last challenge - thanks Tara and Deborah!  This is also my second entry at Merry Mondays where the challenge is to use stripes and/or dots and the robin has a little striped candy cane :)

While I was being all festive I have made a card to play along at A2Z Scrapbooking who have had a few challenges to celebrate WCMD.  I absolutely love the aqua, white and silver colour combo for the first challenge:


Untitled-3

Here is my card:


I white embossed a HA snowflake on to vellum and layered on top of a die cut circle inked with Tide Pool.  The HA sentiment is embossed in silver with a silver dot at the centre of the snowflake. 

I will also link up at the current holiday challenge over at Hero Arts.  There are a couple of categories and I will add this to Mad About Metallics with the touches of silver.  Finally I will play along with the fab challenge at Virginia's View which is focused on Clean and Simple this month....I will definitely be joining up again!

I'm off to enjoy all of the WCMD inspiration around blogland :)

Thanks for stopping by,

Sarah x

17 comments:

  1. Love Love LOVE!!! What more can I say....this is fabulous and a card I LOVE! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This totally jumped out at me in the Virginia's View gallery, I LOVE this card!! This is my favourite colour with white and its so clean and crisp. I spent most of WCMD playing soccer with Max and stayed up till 3am this morning making cards, so at least I got to craft a little bit. And your little birdie on the 'jolly' card is simply adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two really fabulous cards, Sarah! I love the cute robin and your die cut sentiment is amazing! Love your take on the inspiration board, too! The colors are spot on, and your CAS design is so pretty!
    I'm so sorry you had such a rough week! I hope all is well on the home front by now! Thanks so much for taking the time to join in at the a2z Scrapbooking Challenge! Best of luck to you in the drawing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the masked off area filled with snowflakes and the shiny heart. So sorry to hear you had such a tough week and pleased you got to chill out and make some cards, it is the best therapy! Thanks for joining us at Ink x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your cute penguin card! That jolly die is adorable (I think I *need* it now!!)

    Thanks for your sweet comments on my blog! Happy WCMD :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! Thanks for joining the fanatics again Sarah.

    Tara
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What beautiful cards!! I like the first where you masked to get the snowflakes in a square. The second card is breath taking. I love the colors and the fabulous design!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a fun wee robin, Sarah ... and I adore your silver/aqua snowflake ... it's positively gaspable! Hope the coming week is a better one for you! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That bird image is totally adorable! Thanks for joining us this week at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't know how you keep all those challenges straight but that little bird managed to fly everywhere. Your second card is indeed CAS and so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh, that Robin is adorable! Great colouring! Love this card so much! Thanks for playing along with us over at Inkspirational! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love both your cards - that lil robin is fantastic!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Merry Monday.

    Deanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the new Christmas stamps, your robin is great with the jolly sentiment and snowflake background. Lovely colouring work.
    Thanks for playing along with us at the Waltzingmouse Fanatics

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sarah - I adore your jolly little robin against that fab background of snowflakes. Lovely work. Thanks so much for joining us again at Waltzingmouse Fanatics!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great cards - love the colours you've used

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sorry to read that last week was no breese...hope this week is the opposite! Love that little beautiful coloured bird on your first card and what a great winter-CAS-design on your second card! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  17. Glad you got some time to play, after a "rough" week! Hope the little one is better! Fabulous cards ;-)

    ReplyDelete